Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarryWilson
SCSI Port
Views: 259
Message 1 of 3

100e 2nd Gen keyboard, HMM

Two issues.

First, the Hardware Maitenance Manual is incorrect.  The steps and diagrams are for the first gen 100e, and it led me to cosmetically damage one device while trying to pry the non-existent bottom cover off (when in fact it is a "Lower Case", and the keyboard assembly comes off). Lenovo needs to update the HMM to reflect the actual product it is intended for.

Second, the parts lookup page does not list any "Upper Case w/ Keyboard assembly".  What is this component's FRU?

EDIT: I was able to answer my second question.  The FRU is 5CB0U26489.  I had the parts page filtered to "As-Built" and had to change it to "Model", because ya know, the machine I looked up wasn't built with a keyboard 🙄

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 225
Message 2 of 3

Re: 100e 2nd Gen keyboard, HMM

Hi HarryWilson,

Welcome to the community forums.

Where did you get the hardware maintenance manual? Can you please send us the link so we could check it? Is it the same with this link: https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/100e_chromebook_2nd_gen_series_hmm_201901.pdf

Upper case w/keyboard is under the C cover with keyboard. See reference here: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/100-series/100e-chromebook-2nd-gen/...

Thanks!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

slym
Fanfold Paper
Views: 196
Message 3 of 3

Re: 100e 2nd Gen keyboard, HMM

I'm currently evaluating the 100e gen 2, and have received a demo unit.  Since I also have on hand a gen 1, I see the difference in the casing. 

I downloaded the service manual from the link you posted, and can confirm what the OP is saying.  The manual shows the gen 1 in the tear-down pictures.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors