Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

0 Posts

01-21-2020

United States of America

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 2

300e gen 1 Yoga burnt ribbon cable

2020-01-21, 19:11 PM

Hi all, 

Has there been an issue with this model of Chromebook? I work as a tech for a school district and have had about 5 Chromebooks that have a similar issue. The ribbon cable will be burnt or one of the chips on the daughterboard will have a chip that has melted.

I've also noticed a lot of issues with other e models (100e gen 1/2, 300e gen2) that have a lot of power issues. These other models have lost power (at least 20 of them) and we have to have the motherboard or daughterboard replaced. This could be related. 

Any advice or know of a reason why these parts are burning? No drop or liquid damage is noticeable on the Chromebooks.

Image attached. 

Options

2264 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

526 Signins

19784 Page Views

• Views: 19784
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: 300e gen 1 Yoga burnt ribbon cable

2020-01-21, 19:25 PM

Hi absherl,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Have you tried reaching out to your Support contacts in order to open a support ticket for these machines?

We hope this helps.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms