Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 21 of 23

Re:Anyone have touch screen issues with 300e (Chromebook)?

2021-03-03, 0:20 AM

Our 300e's are out of warranty too and our district doesn't have a lot of money. That's why we keep on trying until it works. I posted early that it worked on a Dell 3440.  It wasn't a Dell 3440 it was a Dell 3350. The 300e 1st Gen I mentioned earlier, I troubleshot it off and on for a bout 40 days. The last thing I tried worked. I disconnected the  screen cable from the board (silver rectangle thing) then I reconnected it and restarted the computer.  The touch screen is operating  again. Don't throw in the towel and don't quit. You Can Fixit!! Stay Encouraged!!

Options

5 Posts

07-27-2020

United States of America

22 Signins

150 Page Views

• Views: 150
  • Message 22 of 23

2021-04-20, 16:01 PM

We get those issues with Ghost touches all the time.  Sometimes disabling the Touch Screen helps regain use of the machine. 

https://support.lenovo.com/it/en/solutions/HT507174

Obviously you will lose the "touch screen" feature. The only real way of fixing this issue is by replacing the LCD/ digitizer assembly.

Options

3 Posts

03-02-2021

United States of America

4 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 23 of 23

2021-04-27, 22:09 PM

Hey!   Thanks forthe suggestion. I just tried changinging the screen to try to get the touch screen to work and it didin't. work. The only success that I had is what I posted back in March. I disconnected all the ribbon cables and the screen cable and the battery. Then I reconnected everything. My suggestion doesn't work for all the 300e 1st Gen, but it does work for some of them. Please share if you find another solution.  A lot of school districts budgets have been slashed and they have many computers that they must keep working.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms