cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhrd
What's DOS?
Views: 126
Message 11 of 14

Re: Anyone have touch screen issues with 300e (Chromebook)?

@Farnsworth1  Wow! 60 out of 278 is huge. I hope your situation gets resolved soon. I know how frustrating this is with only 5%, but over 20% will kill productivity. 

Au update on my end, of the 7 that I've sent in for service for this issue, I've gotten 6 back (7th is on the way) with a brand new screen; I even got to peel the plastic off myself. I've let these sit for several days and no ghost touches, so it seems like there is a hardware issue with some of these screens that QC didn't catch. Worth noting is that we had purchased an additional warranty through Lenovo on these units, so maybe they are more willing to replace parts for us in that case. 

It seems unlikley that ChromeOS v70 solves this issue, but that would be great news for both customers and Lenovo if it were the case. The ability to use a pencil as a stylus on these screens is really great, but if it comes with issues like this I think we'll have to choose a different model next time around. 

Farnsworth1
What's DOS?
Views: 119
Message 12 of 14

@bhrd We have a three year extended warranty and have asked several times for the units to be replaced. What really bothers me, is we reported this back in August and Lenovo is still sending these out to schools.  According to them, the fix is in Chrome OS 70 which means they have been knowingly shipping bad product for months.  We had issues with the N21's, and N22's right from the factory as well.  This may be our last time working with Lenovo if things do not improve quickly.

Farnsworth1
What's DOS?
Views: 80
Message 13 of 14

Just an update. I received the 15 back from the "controlled environment" in North Carolina that are supposed to be fixed. First one out of the box had screen blanking and shifting, so their solution did not work(not surprised). I plan to call Google support and ask if they can show me where to find that Lenovo included code in this update to fix the screen issue.
Highlighted
CarlosLazaro
Paper Tape
Views: 75
Message 14 of 14

It is outrage, I am wondering if we continue buying Lenovo chromebooks next academic year if this terrible service is happening. Bought 50 units for our school in Panama and now it is costing more money to ship them to the US to be fix under warranty than buying new ones. When Panama is going to be able to fix chromebooks under warranty, all other non-chromebooks models are covered? 

Top Kudoed Authors