Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-22-2021

Australia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 4

Chrome Book Screen Frozen

2021-07-22, 22:48 PM

My daughter has an Chromebook. The label is very difficult to read but I think it is an Idea Pad.

She has a disability and brought it to me this morning because it wouldn't work. She has a habit of playing with the settings. I have attached an image of the screen. I have tried refreshing it without success and cannot clear the image, to be able to access the computer. 

Any suggestions, appreciated. 

Options

7234 Posts

06-27-2008

United States of America

29301 Signins

1679128 Page Views

• Views: 1679128
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Chrome Book Screen Frozen

2021-07-23, 4:08 AM

@ heimdaloz wrote:

My daughter has an Chromebook. The label is very difficult to read but I think it is an Idea Pad.

She has a disability and brought it to me this morning because it wouldn't work. She has a habit of playing with the settings. I have attached an image of the screen. I have tried refreshing it without success and cannot clear the image, to be able to access the computer. 

Any suggestions, appreciated. 

Good day.

Sorry you are having difficulty.

And sorry to say that, looking at the picture you have attached, the screen is badly cracked.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
Requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it.

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

2 Posts

07-22-2021

Australia

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-07-23, 5:18 AM
If I run my hand across it, it doesn't feel cracked but I guess it could be behind the front layer. I assume it is not worth replacing.
Options

4482 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

358 Signins

34132 Page Views

• Views: 34132
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-07-27, 18:02 PM

@ heimdaloz wrote:

If I run my hand across it, it doesn't feel cracked but I guess it could be behind the front layer. I assume it is not worth replacing.

Hello @ heimdaloz!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

Based on the picture that you provided, it would be advisable to get in touch with our Lenovo phone/technical support team for further assistance in setting up a repair request since this is indeed a hardware issue particularly with its screen.

Please click on this link to get their contact details and provide them the Chromebook's serial number so that they can check its warranty entitlement as well.

However, you may also bring it to any local service providers near your area for them to inspect the machine furthermore and perform repairs on it as well if the Chromebook is already out of its warranty.

Make sure to contact them first to inquire about their store's policy when it comes to repairing out of warranty devices.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms