Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admink12ISD
Punch Card
Views: 3,651
Message 11 of 132

Re: Chromebook N22 - t y 5 6 not working after reloading

Do you have a process of how to send this units back? I just dont want a phone number to call just whatever support i need the number of enterprise support -or- is there a service center where i can drop them off? I am close to Mckinney TX, I would rather drop them off than have them shipped and having to wait for them, I feel like we shouldn't have this problem or having to go tru the hassle of shipping around units specially if they have been out only a month, I am begining to think that maybe going with lenovo was a mistake, I never hear of such "ghost issues" like these happening to other brands/models my fellow administrators have deployed in the past.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 3,649
Message 12 of 132

Hello admink12ISD,

through the support site Contact Us, using a serial number from one of the systems, you have amongst the possible options to Submit a "Service Request after Diagnostics".  Another alternative would be for you to send my your contact details using the private message function and I could pass these on.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/contactus

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

admink12ISD
Punch Card
Views: 3,635
Message 13 of 132

ours were purchased July 2016, stage one july 2016 then stage two aug 2016, but these i think belong to the same batch old 250 model number: 80SF MO: LRNXB6507004 manufacture date 2016/05/07 ---- newer batch: MO: LRNXB6511001 manufacture date 2016/05/11 Factory ID is the same in both: cs20 those are the numbers from our first stage 250 chromebooks (having the T & Y issue) and a newer one without any problems. it seems to me strange that you can wipe the device and the issue goes away but it comes back sometimes worst affecting more keys or affecting the refresh key making it virtually impossible to wipe.

TCJH
Paper Tape
Views: 3,583
Message 14 of 132

I've got some coming in with this issue now as well.  

Last year it was a defect on the N21, a burr on the screw directly beneath the ribbon cable. I had to have 70 or so fixed. Now this?  

Update:  I gave one a little push around the top left hand corner of the ridge around the pad,  while holding down the 't' and 'y' keys, and they flashed back to life.   This is pretty much the spot on the underside where the cable connects, and (surprise!) the spot of the aforementioned burr on the N21.  

Bigspringk12
What's DOS?
Views: 3,552
Message 15 of 132

I have a dozen here not working as well. 7/18/16 mfg date. LRNXB6711800D MO. With the response time from Lenovo, we just have to issue new ones and wait for the other ones to get returned. So far we have been sending them all back. I'd love to get an actual resolve for this issue. The entire grade level received them at the beginning of the school year and we're getting 1 in every 10 back from them. 

GlenD
Paper Tape
Views: 3,540
Message 16 of 132

Same boat.   (350) N22s this year deployed in early-mid Sept.   We've seen a handful trickle in with this problem so far.   Powerwash or full reload from USB hasn't been successful.

Replace known good keyboard has seemed to work so far, so at least for the one's we have seen it appears to be a hardware issue.

nuggib
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,480
Message 17 of 132

We've had three N22's do this exact same thing now, obviously a problem from the factory - and of course we have to pay to ship each one in for repairs.  The first one I shipped in has been sitting at Lenovo for over a month waiting for parts.

admink12ISD
Punch Card
Views: 3,476
Message 18 of 132

I believe lenovo needs to come forward with a solution because first of all if it werent because of us purchasing their devices those would sit in their warehouse to rot, which in that case I wouldnt mind to have picked another unit from a vendor that has better understanding of how to solve this "manufacture defect" issues, specially one defect that will render the device unusable almost within the first 4-5 weeks of use.

Some devices started to show sooner that others (4 to 5 weeks in my case) -yesterday got three more- we should be able to send the device and get a straight up replacement instead a lemon repair, (to think that they will keep the device for a month is insane, tell you this if we have to buy more chromebooks to replace the ones going bad I will get a different brand, its insane to think that this issue may escalate to a 10% or 20% devices down which in our case sending them to repair plus the time lost would mean having to expend money that we could have invested towards a devices that is backed 100% by their manufacturers, or at least that has better Quality Control, which for what I've seen its lacking. 

I envisioned this chromebook been flawless now we have to deal with having to Take Time T/S and send to repair "new" devices that we shouldnt have to repair in the first place, I am tired of excuses tired of apologies, it seems EVERYONE has a EXCUSE or APOLOGY this days, can anyone do something right and take pride on their product or service for once? if you are a big company you made a mistake you should correct it timely, instead we get excuses like "it happens" or "we will fix it" Excuses should be banned.

what I want? a shipping label from lenovo and 15 day turn around replacement. no questions asked specially for us in Education that know what are we doing specially since we know that is certainly something wrong with the unit.

I refuse to sit for 30 minutes to Troubleshoot a device with a trained drone(phone support rep)  in the phone.

If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem. 

ldobbins
Paper Tape
Views: 3,456
Message 19 of 132

We are having the same problem, bought 60 in the spring, gave them to a couple classes this fall, have had to send 5 in already, haven't got a single one back yet.  Getting fairly frustrated.

figrin_dan
Paper Tape
Views: 3,433
Message 20 of 132

I've just started seeing the same. 5 and 6 not always working and also  - and _ (is ok atm).

A firm push seems to get them going but not every time and I'm probably going to do some damage.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals