Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admink12ISD
Punch Card
Views: 6,085
Message 21 of 132

Re: Chromebook N22 - t y 5 6 not working after reloading

yeah like i said pushing on the touchpad upper left corner seems to get them going again but it is not a fix its only a way to t/s the issue to know its source.
TCJH
Paper Tape
Views: 6,052
Message 22 of 132

Looks like that's where the bend in the cable is.  

I had to have a tech come out last year and replace or fix 70 keyboards.  I'm in education too, and so they were all deployed for every day use in the classroom.  

Don't worry Lenovo, another model, another failure, no big deal.

I highly doubt I will ever deploy Lenovo again.  This is the second year, and second model in a row.

Tom_Kobza
What's DOS?
Views: 6,000
Message 23 of 132

I am in K-12 education too and purchased 400 N21's last year and 400 N22's this year.  I did not have too many issues with N21's, but I am having a lot of keyboard issues this year on the N22's.  Specifically keys W,S,X,2 not working.  I have a handful that won't turn on and a few that won't charge too.  I currently have 11 at the repair depot and many have been there for over a month.  Customer service keeps telling me they are waiting on parts.  Really?  Lenovo can't get their own parts??  When I purchased HP chromebooks, they sent me a new one when I sent one in for repair.  They kept the old one and just sent a new one.  Shipping was free both ways too.  I realize this can happen to any manufacturer, but they have to realize I may pick a different manufacturer next summer.

ldobbins
Paper Tape
Views: 6,002
Message 24 of 132

Agreed! Already started to look at different brands for deployment this spring.
jsiegfried33
Paper Tape
Views: 5,930
Message 25 of 132

Possible "fix".  Here is what is working for me.  I've had 15 chromebooks come up with the TY issue.  I've had 100% success by straightening the keyboard cable and then bend it gentle between the 2 stickers on the cable instead of where they had it bent.  I've tested this solution for 2 weeks and it seems to be working.  Such a waste of everyone's time and I'm not confident this is a long term fix because obviously the issue could still pop up.  Hate paying shipping and being out all these devises.  

Working on the won't charge issue now.   When the N21's would do that I'd unplug the battery plug then plug the charger in and then plug the battery back in and they would recognize the battery again.   Not working on the N22's though.  

Former Employee
Views: 5,905
Message 26 of 132

Lenovo has an open investigation into customer reports of unexpected keyboard behavior on N22 Chromebooks. The root cause for this is being determined.

For N22 Chromebook customers experiencing issues with their keyboards, please contact Lenovo Service or your Lenovo account representative for assistance.

I will post again when a solution has been provided.

Thank you,

nuggib
Blue Screen Again
Views: 5,827
Message 27 of 132

Our district bought 150 of the N22's this summer, so far I've sent 8 off to Lenovo for keys not working - one has made it back so far, over a month after they got it.  Each time I send one back we get to pay $15 in shipping for a obvious design flaw straight from the factory.  A district down the street was looking at buying 600 of these, guess who talked them out of it. 

Centauri0
Paper Tape
Views: 5,814
Message 28 of 132

All School districts!

Get with your regional Lenovo account executive.  Ours is helping us out with this issue by sending us free of charge replacement keyboards.  Lenovo knows the issue is coming from one of their parts manufactures!  So far it's only a hand full out of the thousands we have ordered.

ldobbins
Paper Tape
Views: 5,810
Message 29 of 132

I feel like if they know it is an issue, maybe my representative should be getting a hold of me.  Especially if they wanted to keep my District's business.

Centauri0
Paper Tape
Views: 5,802
Message 30 of 132

Most of us bought chromebooks though a 3rd party vender like CDWG.  Lenovo doesn't know who you are unless you contact them directly with issues.  Dell would be no different.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals