Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
phoneuser44
Fanfold Paper
Views: 182
Message 1 of 5

Chromebook s330 What is this strange picture which is appearing on the lock screen mean?

I have a Lenevo S330 chromebook.

Recently when I turn my chrome book on I get this strange flashing animation which shows a hand touching the side of the chrome book (see image below). It goes away when I log in and the chrome book doesn't appear to be having any other issues.

screen-image.PNG

I did some research and someone said it maybe was a finger print login notification. I find this odd because the S330 does not have a finger print sensor built into it.

I have tried updating the chromebook to the latest version of Chrome OS and powerwashing the chromebook and the image still comes back.

jayde2
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 2 of 5

Re: Chromebook s330 What is this strange picture which is appearing on the lock screen mean?

did you find out what it was as it has just started to happen to mine ?
annoyedts
What's DOS?
Views: 53
Message 3 of 5

Re: Chromebook s330 What is this strange picture which is appearing on the lock screen mean?

Did you figure this out? Several have started doing this for me as well.
MK_R
What's DOS?
Views: 46
Message 4 of 5

This started happening to our chromebook around the same time as your post. I contacted Lenovo and sent them a picture- the first tech told me it was a damage indicator and insisted we had dropped the computer and needed to send it to be repaired. When they transferred me to the next tech, that person confirmed that it was not a damage issue but some sort of accessibility update that they (Lenovo support) didn't know how to get off of their own chromebook. The guy (John) said he'd get an answer and call me back in an hour- he called at 10:30Pm and didn't leave a message. I'm now on hold again for 15 minutes- and was just disconnected - to try to figure this out. 

MK_R
What's DOS?
Views: 40
Message 5 of 5

Update to my previous comment- Lenovo called me and they have 5 computers that have the same issue. They believe it is a GoogleOS issue - nothing malicious or damaging- and have reported it to Google. They will leave me ticket "open" and contact me if/when they receive info on a fix. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors