Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

07-19-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 1 of 9

Getting stylus tools to show on shelf of Lenovo Chromebook Ideapad Duet

2020-07-19, 21:03 PM

When I purchased the brand new Lenovo Chromebook Ideapad Duet, it shows on Lenovo's site that it is stylus capable.  That said, when I go into Chromebook Settings-->Device-->Stylus, when I turn on "Show stylus tools in the shelf", it does not do anything (the icon doesn't appear on the taskbar); and, as a result, the stylus isn't working.  

I have an Acer Spin 13 Chromebook and with that option turned on, it shows on the taskbar a circle with a pen icon that contains stylus specific options.  Again, on my Lenovo, with that same option turned on, the icon does not appear on the taskbar.

I've rebooted the Lenovo Chromebook several times (it is updated to the current stable OS) and cannot get this to work.  What's wrong?

Options

1 Posts

10-13-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 2 of 9

Getting stylus tools to show on shelf of Lenovo Chromebook Ideapad Duet

2020-10-13, 20:22 PM
I am having the same issue. One of the reasons I bought this tablet is for the stylus capabilities.
Options

1 Posts

12-23-2020

Germany

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

Re:Getting stylus tools to show on shelf of Lenovo Chromebook Ideapad Duet

2020-12-23, 16:06 PM

Same Problem also in my duet...Can anyone hell?

Options

1 Posts

12-25-2020

United States of America

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2020-12-25, 22:04 PM

I am having the same problem,   I bought this and the lenovo Stylus can't get the stylus tools to show on shelf,    I also can not get the pen to work on my Lenovo flex which does show on the shelf, I am surprised there is not a solution for this,  I tried to fill out a support request but there was no option under support for that, Very unhappy Lenovo customer

Options

1 Posts

01-02-2021

Canada

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2021-01-02, 17:38 PM

Please let us know how to fix the stylus tool not showing up on the Shelf after being activated. 

Is this a software problem. 

I got this for taking notes and it does not work!

Hoping for some directions 

Thank you 

Options

1 Posts

01-05-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2021-01-05, 23:02 PM

Any help on this?

Options

1 Posts

02-12-2021

Ireland

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2021-02-12, 20:05 PM

Any solution to this problem?

I have Lenovo Ideapad Duet Chromebook. When in enable show stylus tool in the shelf nothing happens.

I contacted customer service, I did the powerwash, OS is updated, I bought new batteries for my USI stylus pen... 

I am out of ideas....

Please help

Options

2 Posts

03-15-2008

Toronto

17 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 8 of 9

2021-03-03, 17:52 PM

I also have the same problem with the Stylus Tools menu not appearing on the Lenovo Chromebook Duet despite being configured. I opened a case with Lenovo support which they could not resolve. Subsequently I returned the Lenovo USI Stylus to Lenovo. I am not sure that the stylus was as fault but it definitely had no value as it was unusable. 

It would be very nice if Lenovo could at least acknowledge the issue and a solution is being researched. Lenovo really owes this to us as they advertise the Lenovo Chromebook Duet as supporting the USI stylus.

Options

1 Posts

03-30-2021

Canada

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2021-03-30, 2:49 AM

As of March 29th, 2021 I am also having this issue. I was originally very excited to see that the Lenovo Duet supported active pens and I made sure to purchase the Lenovo brand active pen to ensure the best compatability. I have not been able to get it to work!

The pen I purchased is the Lenovo USI pen: https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/accessories-and-monitors/pens-and-supplies/pens/TAB-ACC-BO-Lenovo-USI-Pen/p/4X80Z49662 which is optimized for ChromeOS. According to the hardware compatability it doesn't seem like it is listed as one of the compatible devices for the USI penhttps://accessorysmartfind.lenovo.com/#/products/4X80Z49662  despite seeing photos that look exactly like the USI pen on the duet's product page. 

Can anyone confirm whether or not the Duet has active pen support and whether the USI pen is compatible with the duet?

What I've Tried:

I tried doing a hardware reset, a powerwash, and toggling the setting on/off. Not sure if its the pen, the chromebook, or both that are the issues. I don't have anything else I can test the pen on but maybe I'll bring it to a store to test to verify that the pen works on another product.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)