Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

05-04-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 6

How to set Chromebook to automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence.

2021-05-04, 13:00 PM

I am using Google Voice and I can't figure out how to set the Chromebook so that it will automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence. Thanks.

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Views: 22912
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:How to set Chromebook to automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence.

2021-05-04, 13:46 PM

Hello @ Marshvet!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

What type of Lenovo Chromebook are you using?

Can you please provide its MTM (machine type-model) number here for us to check its specifications?

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R.

Follow the steps found in this link and see if it'll work.

It says in there that you need to go to Tools > Preferences then look for the option "Automatically capitalize words" and see if you can change it from there.

You may also try checking the Accessibility settings of your Chromebook to see if there option's in there as well since you're using Google Voice to enter the words.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

3 Posts

05-04-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re:How to set Chromebook to automatically capitalize the first word in a sentence.

2021-05-04, 16:14 PM

Adriel,

Thanks for your response. I have a Ideapad Duet Model # CT-X636F. I went to accessibility and could not fine anything about capitalization. In the other link, they were talking about tools in a document. I don't have a document. I am using the microphone feature in Google Voice to enter text.

Thanks again in advance.

Marshall Breite

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-05-04, 17:26 PM

@ Marshvet wrote:

Adriel,

Thanks for your response. I have a Ideapad Duet Model # CT-X636F. I went to accessibility and could not fine anything about capitalization. In the other link, they were talking about tools in a document. I don' have a document. I am using the microphone feature in Google Voice to enter text.

Thanks again in advance.

Marshall Breite

Thanks for providing your device's details @ Marshvet!

Try saying the word "Caps" followed by the word that you want to be capitalized when using Google Voice then see if it will work.

Should that work, you may try combination of "All Caps" to type in all uppercase or "Caps On (or Off)" so that you can start or stop typing words with initial capitals.

You may also check this link for additional reference.

Let us know if this'll work.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

3 Posts

05-04-2021

United States of America

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2021-05-05, 12:53 PM

Adriel,

Thanks, but "caps" did not work either. Judging from what I read on the other link, it appears as if it is not actually possible. Did you get that impression too?

Marshall Breite

Options

2350 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

258 Signins

22912 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-05-05, 15:40 PM

@ Marshvet wrote:

Adriel,

Thanks, but "caps" did not work either. Judging from what I read on the other link, it appears as if it is not actually possible. Did you get that impression too?

Marshall Breite

Thanks for the update @ Marshvet!

Yes, it seems that the feature is yet to be available when using Google Voice to type words using a Chromebook.

With this, it would be advisable to submit a feedback directly to Chrome (Google) support for this to be checked on their end.

You may also check this post for additional reference.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms