Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Views: 379
  • Message 1 of 6

Lenovo Duet: screenshot aren't saved to clipboard

2021-07-30, 11:25 AM

I have a Lenovo Duet (mediatek processor). I need to take partial screenshots of my screen and paste them into a document. Whenever I take a screenshot, a notification appears and says "screenshot saved to clipboard", but when I try to paste it (Ctrl+V) in a document (I tried with google docs and microsoft word app), nothing is pasted. In fact, the screenshot isn't actually saved into the clipboard. According to what the notification says, it seems like a bug to me, and it's very annoying. 

Any way to solve this issue?

Options

5569 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

408 Signins

40017 Page Views

• Views: 40017
  • Message 2 of 6

Re:Lenovo Duet: screenshot aren't saved to clipboard

2021-07-30, 15:41 PM

Hello @ Alomor!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

It says on this link that screenshots are saved to your "Images" folder.

With this, please check the Images folder itself to see if the screenshots were moved in there even if screenshots and recordings are automatically copied to your clipboard.

Aside from that, please check if your Lenovo Duet device is also updated to its latest version.

Please click on this link to see the steps on how it can be updated.

Also, please share here your Lenovo Duet's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications.

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2021-08-02, 20:17 PM

@ Adriel_lenovo wrote:

Hello @ Alomor!

Thanks for posting here at the Community Forums!

It says on this link that screenshots are saved to your "Images" folder.

With this, please check the Images folder itself to see if the screenshots were moved in there even if screenshots and recordings are automatically copied to your clipboard.

Aside from that, please check if your Lenovo Duet device is also updated to its latest version.

Please click on this link to see the steps on how it can be updated.

Also, please share here your Lenovo Duet's MTM (machine type-model) number for us to check its specifications.

It can be seen through the device's label/sticker or its original packaging and does usually have a format of 8********R as an example.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Hello Adriel, I checked and my system is up to date. 

The model number is Lenovo CT-X636F.

The screenshots are saved correctly in the image folder. 

Also, I realized that they are correctly saved in the clipboard too. As a matter of facts, pressing Launcher + V opens the clipboard and I can see the screenshots stored in it. Still, I'm not able to paste them. Tapping on the image of a screenshot in the list does nothing. Also using Ctrl + V, which should paste the last copied element, works with text but does nothing with screenshots. I tried with google documents, microsoft word and google keep apps. 

I checked with another chromebook from another brand and it is working as intended.

Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2021-08-02, 20:23 PM
I also add that the issue isn't only with screenshot, but with other images too. For example, if I select an image from a random site on google chrome and tap on "copy image", then when I paste it in a document, instead of pasting the image it pastes the link of it (http.... etc). I'm pretty sure this is not how chromeos is supposed to work
Options

5569 Posts

11-04-2019

United States of America

408 Signins

40017 Page Views

• Views: 40017
  • Message 5 of 6

2021-08-04, 13:36 PM

@ Alomor wrote:

I also add that the issue isn't only with screenshot, but with other images too. For example, if I select an image from a random site on google chrome and tap on "copy image", then when I paste it in a document, instead of pasting the image it pastes the link of it (http.... etc). I'm pretty sure this is not how chromeos is supposed to work

Thanks for responding @ Alomor!

Please try performing the same action using a different web browser aside from Google Chrome and see if the issue will still occur.

If it does, back up your files and proceed in performing a factory reset or Powerwash to your IdeaPad Chromebook Duet.

You may check pages 10 to 11 of the IdeaPad Chromebook Duet's User Guide to see the steps on how it can be done.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community
<

Options

34 Posts

10-09-2017

Italy

59 Signins

379 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2021-08-04, 14:38 PM

@ Adriel_lenovo wrote:

@ Alomor wrote:

Thanks for responding @ Alomor!

Please try performing the same action using a different web browser aside from Google Chrome and see if the issue will still occur.

If it does, back up your files and proceed in performing a factory reset or Powerwash to your IdeaPad Chromebook Duet.

You may check pages 10 to 11 of the IdeaPad Chromebook Duet's User Guide to see the steps on how it can be done.

Thanks,

Adriel_Lenovo

Lenovo Support

Hi Adriel, I tried with other browsers (Opera and Edge) with the same result; this was expected since the issue affects also the screenshots, so it's clear that is a system-wide bug, not browser related. Curiously, copying an image or a screenshot works as intendend with the web versions of the aforementioned apps. For example, on google documents online I can use Ctrl+V to paste a screenshot or an image without any issue. 

Unfortunately I use the combination of Microsoft Onedrive and Word to save and edit my documents and Onedrive does not work well with the online version of Word, so I must stick with the app.

I tried powerwash 2 times but still the issue persist. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms