cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krycom
What's DOS?
Views: 1,468
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo N22 Chromebook Slow Internet Issues.

Anyone else finding that surfing pages on this device is slow even though it says it has an 802.11AC wireless?

gooop
What's DOS?
Views: 1,364
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo N22 Chromebook Slow Internet Issues.

Just got an N22 yesterday and I'm also having slow connection issues. Took eight hours to update Windows 10, so I got suspicious and ran some benchmark tests. The N22 was wildly inconsistent in the Google internet speed test (download speed in mbps): 0.90, 0.51, 1.40, and 0.04 (!). And these are the scores I got when I was actually able to load google.com without Firefox timing out. I tested my wireless connection with a ten-year-old desktop in the same room connected to wifi via a TP-Link TL-WN722N USB card. It consistently scored in the 1.70-2.00 mbps range. Still bad, but way better and far more consistent than the N22 with its supposedly superior wireless card. My internet connection is terrible even when working at max efficiency (bad ISP), so I don't have high expectations, but this is almost unuseable; may have to return the N22 if I can't figure out how to fix it.

I'm working on the N22 now and my internet connection has been solid the last fifteen minutes as I've been responding here and looking for other mentions of this problem. I did the internet speed test again and scored 9.84 mbps, which is...amazing... and now I'm streaming two 1080p YouTube videos simultaneously, with four other tabs open in Firefox. Just did the internet speed test one last time and got 14.14 mbps. I have no idea what's going on. The most I can say about the N22's wireless card so far is that it's inconsistent and unreliable, but great when it's actually working. I'll respond again to this thread in a few days with an update on how the wireless has been working for me.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors