Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pdwyer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,503
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo N22 Chromebook and WiFi connection not working

We purchased 30 Lenovo N22 Chromebook and they are having issues connecting and staying connected to our Schools WiFi network.  It will just give us a searching icon  and then eventually say nothing is found, or if it locates it, it will ask for the password and then not connect. 

We have N21 Chromebook and MacBooks that are on the same network, same room and they have no issues.  

Anyone else seeing this with the N22's?  If so, any suggestions?

Thanks

IowaEdu
Punch Card
Views: 6,246
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo N22 Chromebook and WiFi connection not working

I have had issues like this in the past with Chromebooks and it was a windows DHCP issue something to the tune of a BAD_ADDRESS Scope in DHCP server. I have not seen this re-emerge in sometime but wouldn't hurt to check your DHCP server logs.

Hope this is helpfull.

Thanks

Highlighted
robertbane
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,213
Message 3 of 8

We are seeing this as well and would be interested in others experience.  We have a couple hundred N22's.  We are on OS 55 and cannot update past 55 due to State testing requirements.  We'll have a whole classroom of them working fine and one wont connect.  Like you, we have Macbooks in the building that are not having issues.  I have sent a couple out to Lenovo for repair.  1 came back with a replaced wifi card and the other, they did nothing to.  The one with the new wifi card has not had the issue again but I cannot say for sure that it is fixed.  

pdwyer
Paper Tape
Views: 6,208
Message 4 of 8

We also got 1 sent back and they replaced the WiFi card.  I asked the student if it was any difference and he thought it was better, but asked the teacher and she said it was still not connecting like it should.  

robertbane
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,150
Message 5 of 8

Have you found out anything further?  Hoping our wireless vendor can check things out for us this week.  

robertbane
Fanfold Paper
Views: 6,145
Message 6 of 8

Also I've had a couple rectnly that would not conenct int he classroom or my office.  I reimaged them and they started working again.

it-ml
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,520
Message 7 of 8

I have the same issues except they will connect but will not stay connected. I have 60 they all act the same way. Very frustrating for elementary students and teachers. I've fought this battle since Oct. 2016. I was hired on after these were purchased. It's been a nightmare for months!! 

haydemon
Paper Tape
Views: 3,282
Message 8 of 8

I have similar issues with the N22 Touch. WiFi disconnects frequently, and I know for a fact that it's not a router or a signal problem, because all my other devices work perfectly well, on the same network. Has anybody from Lenovo reached out to try to resolve the problem? I just joined this community, so I may have missed something?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors