Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rog17
What's DOS?
Views: 1,954
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo flex 11 "Your pin is no longer available"

Brand new Flex 11. I set it up first and played around a few minutes. Came back later and when I opened it up I received this message and can’t get past it. Anyone know what I need to do?7D4A7876-642B-4C38-B35E-306798B2A962.jpeg

MGermundson
Paper Tape
Views: 715
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo flex 11 "Your pin is no longer available"

I have the same problem with my Flex 11. I do not see a solution posted to resolve this issue. Anyone? How do I unlock the screen to get to Settings to reset my PIN? Thank you.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 692
Message 3 of 6

Hi Rog17! Welcome to our forums community.
Could you try these steps:
1. Open the Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
If you are using a Microsoft Account to sign in, then make sure that you verify your account on the PC.
2. Select Sign-in options, and click/tap on I forgot my PIN.
3. Click/tap on Continue.
4. Leave the PIN fields empty, and click/tap on Cancel.
5. Your PIN will now be removed. You can create a new PIN whenever you want to or continue using your Windows 10 PC without a PIN.

Update us how it goes.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Highlighted
MGermundson
Paper Tape
Views: 690
Message 4 of 6

Please tell me if there is a secret key to pull up Settings. From the screen that says the PIN is no longer available I only see 3 options:

1) wifi options 

2) ease of access 

3) Sleep, Shut Down or Restart

I don't know how to get to Settings from the 1st screen.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 681
Message 5 of 6

To reset a PIN when you're trying to sign in:

• On the sign-in screen, select I forgot my PIN below the PIN text box. If there are multiple accounts on the PC, choose the one you need to reset. If you don't see I forgot my PIN, select Sign-in options and choose the password option. Then reset your PIN after you've signed in.

• On the Enter your password screen, type the password for your Microsoft account, and then select Next. You can reset your password if you've forgotten it too.

• On the Help us protect your info screen, choose to receive your security code either as a text or email message. If you select text, type the last four digits of your phone number, and then select Send Code.

• When you get the code as a text or email message on a separate device, enter it on the Enter the code you received screen, and then select Next.

• In the Set up a PIN dialog box, enter your new PIN and confirm it. Your new PIN is set.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Grace2728
What's DOS?
Views: 257
Message 6 of 6

i’m having the same problem i cannot login and there is no setting button or button that says reset password i’m very frustrated i just bought this today. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors