Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sboucher
Paper Tape
Views: 921
Message 1 of 4

N21

I am from a school district using the N21 for our 1:1 program newly implemented this school year.  Since the beginning of September we have had to ship back 25 units for repairs.  Majority of them the screens turn on and off radomly.  And the other big issue is the screens go very faint to where you can see the outline of things and the brightness is turned all the way up.  I have done hard resets on them with no luck.  I have had to spend over $250 dollars to ship these units back to get repaired.  Lenovo tech support tells me that they do not have a problem with these units.  I beg to differ!!!  Has anyone else had these problems?

EPSTEVE
Paper Tape
Views: 879
Message 2 of 4

Re: N21

We had this issue with alot of ours. This may or may not be a fix. We tried to tell Lenovo that there is a screw right where the monitor cable runs that it looks like during production there is an issue. Sometimes when we have the issues you describe we take the bezel off and find the screw is putting pressure on the monitor cable, sometimes the screw is completely missing. But we usually just re-route the wire a little. But yes we have seen the issue and we fix it ourselves as the design doesn't seem the best.
sboucher
Paper Tape
Views: 874
Message 3 of 4

So we are having another issue with the ones that we have received back from repair with Lenovo.  They are trying to update Chrome and while the update is proceeding in the background, Chrome browser keeps closing and opening.  This makes the device useless for the students since they can't use the browser.  Have you had this issue?

EPSTEVE
Paper Tape
Views: 871
Message 4 of 4

We noticed this on a few and it had to do with a certain version of Chrome and a resolution was to clear the synch dashboard for the student. The link below is articles about blinking screens. 

https://plus.google.com/communities/114001660438094131273/s/blinking%20screens

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors