Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Chromebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

113 Posts

03-02-2018

United States of America

337 Signins

1972 Page Views

• Views: 1972
  • Message 1 of 4

N23 Batteries keep getting disconnected

2019-03-06, 14:08 PM

Hey all.  There's a small number of our deployed N23's that keep coming in for the repeat issue of having the battery disconnected.  We usually open the devices up, and plug the cable back in, and send it on its way.  Some of these machines, however, have made it back up to 5 times for this issue.  It's a pain to keep having to reseat these cables.  Any idea what causes this?  Anyone else having this issue?  What's your fix?  I'm at the point where I might just start replacing the batteries on the assumption that the connectors are damaged, but they usually pass visual inspection.  Hell, they usually feel snug enough when they're reseated.  It's not the students intentionally unplugging them either, as the same devices get the issue over and over again regardless of who is using it.
Thoughts?  Looking forward to any responses.

Options

9 Posts

06-22-2017

United States of America

22 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: N23 Batteries keep getting disconnected

2019-03-28, 17:44 PM
We've had a few of these as well. Honestly the time and effort spent to try to correct Lenovo design flaws is beyond calculation.

Have one on the workbench right now that I'm going to try to swap in a battery and see if it will stay connected better than the one that's in there. If not, it'll be anther one for the junkpile.
Options

113 Posts

03-02-2018

United States of America

337 Signins

1972 Page Views

• Views: 1972
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-11-06, 15:06 PM

Bump. I'm still looking for feedback on this issue, as it is still a problem.

My current theory is that the metal housing for the battery connector heats up with use, and expands slightly. As it cools and contracts, it would squeeze the plastic battery connector, forcing it out slightly. Repeated cycles of this could cause the battery to become disconnected completely. I wish I had the time to properly experiment to find out.

A coworker suggested that we hot glue the connectors in place, but I'm not sure how viable that option will be. I've tried scotch tape in the past, and it does not work at all for this.

Looking forward to any input other techs have on the matter.

Options

9 Posts

06-22-2017

United States of America

22 Signins

115 Page Views

• Views: 115
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-11-06, 15:18 PM

I ended up using a small piece of packing tape, the last 3-4 I have done this for have thus far not been returned.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms