Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarryWilson
Punch Card
Views: 761
Message 1 of 2

Need RMA shim

Hello all.  This question has been asked before, but there were not any good solutions posted in the previous thread, and I'd rather start a new one than bump the old one.

I am trying to find how to download the software to create an RMA shim for the N23 Chromebooks that I service at work.  I have logged in to lenovo.com/support with my AWSP credentials but there are no indications on where the software is located.  Searching the support site with different combinations of 'shim', 'repair shim' and 'rma shim' only finds HMMs for the products, which say to go to lenovo.com/support.  The software is not there.  I could contact our Lenovo appointed service representitive as suggested in a previous thread, but would rather just have a link to the software.  The live-chat agent I discussed the issue with was zero help, and told me that we'd have to send our Chromebooks to Lenovo for them to do the work.  The HMM clearly indicates that I should be able to access this software to do it myself.  

I appreciate your time and feedback. Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
HarryWilson
Punch Card
Views: 744
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need RMA shim

I found the download.  It does not show up when I use my account to log in, but is there when I log in as smsc@lenovo.com.  It's still unclear to me why the file isn't available for my account, but I was able to download the required .bin file and create the repair shim that way.  

Top Kudoed Authors