cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artify
Serial Port
Views: 5,037
Message 1 of 10

300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) : Error 8719, Intel Management Engine Firmware Update problem

Dear Lenovo Support Team,

As you know, we have to update our PCs according to Lenovo Cumulative Security Update and security holes in installed versions of Intel's Management Engine inside our PCs. 

Could you kindly explain me the procedure for successful update of critically important Intel Management Engine Firmware for my 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre)? Please, step by step with right order to complete this update of IME firmware!
Because I got "Error 8719: Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled" with all my attempts and already installed updates of Intel Management Engine Interface Driver for Windows|Intel AMT Driver for Windows from download section 300-20ISH 

I used "Consumer Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Tool for Intel SKL and Kaby Lake - IdeaCentre, ThinkCentre and Lenovo Desktop 11.8.50.3425" for update of IME Firmware.
My OS is Windows 10 Pro 64bit. Installed version of IME FW Version is 11.0.2.1003.

Installed BIOS Version: 

• FYKT74A
  • 2017/07/26 (recent) 

If there is need to change here and there via options in BIOS for successful update then let me know and for others owners of 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) too.
Thanks!

Artify
Serial Port
Views: 4,912
Message 2 of 10

Re: 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) : Error 8719, Intel Management Engine Firmware Update problem

This post is just additional info for Lenovo support team and useful one for owners of Lenovo PCs.

For support team: attached screenshot has result of Intel Detection Tool (SA00086_Windows or Intel-SA-00086-GUI.exe) and Lenovo ideacentre 300-20ISH is vulnerable; in addition to this, you can find DMI info about this model of Lenovo Desktop PC.

For owners of Lenovo PCs : Check your system http://www.thewindowsclub.com/check-intel-computer-exposed-to-vulnerabilities and update Intel Management Engine Firmware with guide of Lenovo Cumulative Security Update if necessary (see link in 1st post).

My problem isn't solved yet by Lenovo support team so I decided to provide additional information in my case.

Artify
Serial Port
Views: 4,796
Message 3 of 10

Re: 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) : Error 8719, Intel Management Engine Firmware Update problem

Hello Lenovo Support Team! Any news about how to use your Lenovo's critically important update with success on Lenovo IdeaCentre 300-20ISH? (please, see details in 1st&2nd posts).
Agostino1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,785
Message 4 of 10

I have this problem too. I can't update my desktop firmware for the same reason. Please Lenovo Support, help us.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 4,584
Message 5 of 10

Our engineers were unfortunately not able to reproduce the error on their systems and have suggested that prior to running the update to enter BIOS setup, select to load default settings (F9) and then to save and exit BIOS (F10).

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Artify
Serial Port
Views: 4,580
Message 6 of 10

Thanks for reporting and current info from engineers! 

As you know, I have recent version of BIOS for this Lenovo desktop PC. 

I did the same steps few times a row: loaded Default Settings via F9 and then F10 (save). Shutdown. Restart. The same output from IME firmware update utility : Error 8719. 

I even reupdated BIOS again and went through steps above. No changes at all.

Sure, we need a little bit more statistical info from users of Lenovo 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre). Both users from this theme have the same error. I don't know about level of software updates on Agostino's 300-20ISH from Italy. But be sure, problem with IME firmware update has the place with all latest updates from Lenovo and Microsoft on my system. 

It would be great if this mystery with update will be cleared by Lenovo engineers, so me and other users of 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) will be able to update our systems with this critically important update from Intel without any reports like these in thread.

Contra spem spero!

Agostino1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,574
Message 7 of 10

I did the same : loaded Default Settings via F9 and then F10 (save). Shutdown. Restart. I get the same output from IME firmware update utility : Error 8719 Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled. I have installed latest bios and all drivers are updated.I have windows 10 home, no pro. But i hope to update firmware.

Artify
Serial Port
Views: 4,459
Message 8 of 10

Hi Agostino! According to our reports about "Consumer Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Tool for Intel SKL and Kaby Lake - IdeaCentre and L..." it doesn't work with Lenovo Ideacentre 300-20ISH by facts.

Both our PCs have latest updates inc. recent version of BIOS and latest updates from Lenovo and Microsoft for Windows 10 . Loading of Defaults Settings and Save them from BIOS with next attempt of this IME firmware update doesn't work too.

We have Windows 10, yours is Home Edition and mine is Pro. So versions of Windows 10 can't influence a situation with "Error 8719: Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled" .

Dear, Lenovo Engineers! Please, check attached file with diagnostic info from latest Intel's MEInfoWin tool about Intel Management Engine Firmware and its states from our 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) with all installed updates from Lenovo and Microsoft plus BIOS Defaults Settings. As you can see next keys as Local FWUpdate and Host Write Access to ME in Disabled states too! Please, provide us working Intel Management Engine(11.8.x) Firmware Update exactly for our Lenovo 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre) ASAP. Thanks!

Artify
Serial Port
Views: 4,378
Message 9 of 10

I've just found out there is updated version of  Consumer Intel Management Engine Firmware Update Tool for Intel SKL and Kaby Lake - IdeaCentre and L... , Release Date 12/13/2017 (SHA1: 04154e0766d73d5684977b96190e17b5996fdc71) 

I tried to update IME with it,  but the same error again for Lenovo 300-20ISH Desktop (ideacentre): 
Error 8719: Firmware update cannot be initiated because Local Firmware update is disabled.

Agostino1
Paper Tape
Views: 4,049
Message 10 of 10

Solved! After many attempts, i removed the c-mos battery to reset bios, i waited 1 hour, reinstalled battery, then loaded default  setup via F9-F10, reboot and finally i could update firmware. Don't ask me why it works, i don't know, and perhaps i am only a luky man, but it worked for me. I hope it may useful for all. Happy New Year!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors