Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whynovtx
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 1 of 3

720-18ASU gpu fan replacement

The fan is dying on the original AMD RX 560 graphics card in my 720-18ASU desktop.  It's been going through the typical noisy death throes of a clogged fan for a few days now.  It's a year past its warranty expiration. I was hoping it was an easy to replace cpu or case fan, but opened it and discovered it was the gpu fan.

Does anyone know of a replacement fan I can order for it, or a compatible replacement graphics card if that's not feasible?  It's some weird low profile fan in a red and black plastic shield.

Highlighted
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 222
Message 2 of 3

Re: 720-18ASU gpu fan replacement

I presume your card looks like this one, which is described in the parts list as a BLD@RX560@4G/D5/H/DP/DVI/HP

capture.jpgClick on above image to expand

The GPU fan can be replaced cheaply so it is certainly worth a shot, but I do not know who made those cards for Lenovo, so you will need to do some investigating to see what size exact size you need.     For instance this one is for a MSI and is 75mm, but that size and the connector may not be correct for your card etc,

There is also a good chance that there will be a sticker on the bottom of the fan that will have a part number etc.

If not, your system should have a 400W power supply, so there are many single fan video cards that you could replace it with both from AMD and Nvidia.

Best of luck, 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 210
Message 3 of 3

Re: 720-18ASU gpu fan replacement

If you install and run GPU-Z, it can sometimes identify the fan manufacturer ie. MSI.  You could then contact tech support for that manufacturer about buying a replacement. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors