Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmille
Paper Tape
Views: 8,905
Message 1 of 3

Access Lenovo H430 BIOS with non-Lenovo keyboard, please help

Hello,

I have a Lenovo H430 Desktop that I bought about six months ago. When I got it, the keyboard was too small for my hands. So I bought a Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600. I gave the Lenovo keyboard away. I was trying to access the BIOS. I tried F1 and it booted straight to windows. I tried pressing it rapid fire and I tried just holding it down. I called Lenovo support and the guy I spoke to was worthless and talked like some kind of automaton reading from a script. I finally went right down the line trying every single function key. I also tried the ESC key. I am still not able access the BIOS. Does anyone know the proper key or key combination? Please help.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 8,875
Message 2 of 3

Re: Access Lenovo H430 BIOS with non-Lenovo keyboard, please help

hi dmille,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

F1 is the hotkey to access the BIOS on the Lenovo H430. If this doesn't work, have you tried to:

1. Change USB ports (from back to front - vise versa)

2. Use another generic type USB keyboard

3. Remove the SATA connector on the HDD and try to boot into the BIOS again. (see page page 38 of  the hardware maintenance manual on how to access the HDD)

Let me know your findings

Cheers

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

dmille
Paper Tape
Views: 8,856
Message 3 of 3

Re: Access Lenovo H430 BIOS with non-Lenovo keyboard, please help

Thanks neokenchi,

I switched out the USB port and it was hello guv'ner.  I said to myself - follow the KISS rule, keep it simple you dumb *$%#$(@%(!$#@*. Now why didn't that brain-dead tech at the call center think of it?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors