Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alonzowireman1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,971
Message 1 of 3

Bios Download failed, corrupting bios; machine will not boot up

My unit -Lonovo 3000 K100 57068352; Vista OS.

on 10/12/09 I downloaded Bios; 2skg33a; released by Mar coGU; Release date 2009, 2, 27; based on Bios 2skg31a.  The download went smooth, and reported everything completed.  I rebooted the machine, and it will boot until the OS reaches the beginning of the start page, then recycles to the start.

I have done a complete recovery of my system and this doesn't help.  It does the same thing.  I believe the Bios are corrupted and is not part of the Hard Disk system.

I need to be able to download the original Bios for this machine. 

Can anyone help?  My machine is not usable without a correct Bios.

Thanks for any help.

AL

gosen211
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,955
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bios Download failed, corrupting bios; machine will not boot up

Did u download the correct one? I checked this page and found there are 2 different bios available for different bios ID.

Flash BIOS update (BIOS ID: 2SKG)

Flash BIOS update (BIOS ID: 2SKT)

Also, i saw the release date is 2009-03-25, and the download link showed the text as 2SJG33A and not the one with K. Where did u download actually?

Btw, U have to check ur bios ID before installing the correct ones. Follow the description in the page for steps to check the ID.

-->T60 XP SP3, 1.5GB RAM
alonzowireman1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,946
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bios Download failed, corrupting bios; machine will not boot up

Thank you very much for the quick response.  I did run the program they specified and thought I used the correct file to download.

This morning I downloaded the .iso file, burned it to CD and loaded it.  It worked and my machine is working fine.  I appreciate your help.  I don't know what happened, but it is working.

Thanks again

Al Wireman

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors