Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArrowinThirteen
Paper Tape
Views: 503
Message 1 of 7

Blue screen of death, multiple times

Everything was working fine when one day I started getting blue screen of death. I was on Windows 10 at the time and thought it might have been something wrong with Windows 10 since I had heard of blue screen issues with Windows 10. So I downgraded to Windows 7, and everything was working fine when I blue screened again. I am just wondering what the probelm is and if it has a solution. I am somewhat experienced with computers and have never had an issue like this before. (I keep crashing while playing games and even while watching videos which might help)

ArrowinThirteen
Paper Tape
Views: 493
Message 2 of 7

Re: Blue screen of death, multiple times

I just thought about something. The blue screen has been happening since I updated my graphics driver.
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 421
Message 3 of 7

Hi ArrowinThirteen, 

BSOD have an error code to help you diagnose and fix the issue. If you can get the code it will be great help. If you suspect that its a video card driver, try re-installing the driver from support.lenovo.com. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
ArrowinThirteen
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 4 of 7

I know the code, THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE. I was looking for divers to use when something even weirder happened. I had to reinstall windows 7 because a boot file was missing, I don't think that has anything to do with the driver but I figured it was worth talking about.
ArrowinThirteen
Paper Tape
Views: 417
Message 5 of 7

Also, Do you know any drivers I could use that are slightly outdated to work with the R7 integrated graphics?
Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 409
Message 6 of 7

Hi,

By any chance, is your system a H50-55 with an AMD chipset? Please download an older version of the video card driver from www.amd.com. Also please disable windows update so the system will not get any driver update. 

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
ArrowinThirteen
Paper Tape
Views: 406
Message 7 of 7

Do you have any specific drivers in mind?

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors