Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ESlet
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,128
Message 1 of 3

Brand new H 50-50 desktop with Atheros AR956x wifi adapter not able to connect to Wifi

I just bought a new Lenovo H 50-50 desktop with an Atheros AR956x network adapter. It looks like it get connected to my router, but it keeps falling out. Downloading in not possible at all. I have a Arris router that is set up with 20 Mhz, and I tried changing it to mixed mode 20/40 Mhz, without success. I have downloaded a new driver, and the network adapter tests ok.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this, or is the best thing to return the whole thing ?

Thanks for any help Smiley Happy

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,105
Message 2 of 3

Re: Brand new H 50-50 desktop with Atheros AR956x wifi adapter not able to connect to Wifi

hi ESlet,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try the following:

1. Set the power options to High Performance and uncheck the power saving mode of the wireless card under Device Manager > Network Adapters > Atheros AR956x wifi adapter (properties) > Power Management Tab (Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power).

2. If you're using the Atheros v10.0.0.274 driver from the H50-50 drivers page, can you try to downgrade it to v10.0.0.263 and observe.

Drivers for Atheros AR956x and Windows 8 (see v10.0.0.263)

3. Reset the winsock by typing netsh winsock reset on an elevated command prompt then restart the machine.

4. (Optional) If you're far away from the router (eg. 50 ft), try moving closer and observe if the connection gets stable.

Similar thread:

Problem with Qualcomm Atheros AR956x wireless network adapter

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

ramp318
Paper Tape
Views: 1,099
Message 3 of 3

Re: Brand new H 50-50 desktop with Atheros AR956x wifi adapter not able to connect to Wifi

Hi ,

did you try with broadcom, May this this will help you.

Wifi Problem Lenovo

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors