Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 732
Message 11 of 14

Re: 510s: upgrading graphics

The GT 1030 DDR5 is a few watts more than a 730.  Running the power supply calculation a 2nd time with a 1030, it still comes out at 186w.  Lenovo may be is more aggressive when it comes to power rating their systems, and will allow for the installation of a 30w card. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
smallsam
Fanfold Paper
Views: 727
Message 12 of 14

What Will happen if it go over the psu limit? Before buying a new psu, i want to know the type of  the motherboard (atx,matx,microatx or itx)?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 705
Message 13 of 14

My apologies.  Looking through the specifications for all the i7 models of 510S-08IKL, I found several with the 180w supply and GT 730 2 GB DDR5, which is just a couple of watts more than GT 1030 with GB DDR5.   Therefore, per Lenovo's power calculations, you should be able to run the GT 1030.  I will remove or modify my posts above. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
mukeshdevasi
Paper Tape
Views: 261
Message 14 of 14

graphics card help

bro i am looking for graphics card for my lenovo desktop 510s 90K8000SIN.  which graphics card should i buy looking for 4 gb but don't know know what model should i buy so pls me out ???

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors