cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RolkienTolkien
Paper Tape
Views: 1,978
Message 1 of 9

Can You Install A SSD In A Lenovo IdeaCentre 510A-15ABR?

Hey this might sound like a dumb question, I'm new to the world of PC's, but is there a certain type/brand of SSD I'd need to install in my Lenovo IdeaCentre 510-15ARB? I'm a digital artist and would like to speed up my computer, and would like to know what SSD or even if I can install an SSD in my computer.

david1222
Paper Tape
Views: 1,955
Message 2 of 9

Re: Can You Install A SSD In A Lenovo IdeaCentre 510A-15ABR?

Yes, of course you can upgrade your disk but you need to do it wisely. The most important thing is to find the right SSD form factor and interface. More details you will find here: https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/ssd-upgrade-tutorial. Good luck!

MeMeNY46
Paper Tape
Views: 1,892
Message 3 of 9

I just replaced my HDD for a Samsung 850 EVO using Samsung Data Migration software ( On thier SSD WEB site). Had a problem trying to locate a caddy that would support my SSD. Lenovo gave me a Part number of 00XD860, but would not be available until December 16th. After a couple of caddy brackets which did not mount with my Tower "Ideacentre 510A-15ICB" I found the perfect caddy ( Bay Bracket ). Got it on Amazon: Sabrent 2.5 to 3.5 Model Number BK-HDDH marked on the box. Will hold 2 SSD.

Hope this helps.

JamesAutoDude
What's DOS?
Views: 905
Message 4 of 9

Thank you SO much! I just got the exact computer you have and could not find a SSD Tray for the life of me, thanks!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 855
Message 5 of 9

Be aware, this system also has a M.2 slot for a PCIe NVMe SSD card, such as a Samsung 970 Evo: 

f-510a m.2 slot.JPG

Update:  It does require a plastic bracket to secure the M.2 SSD, see attached photo.  

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
RolkienTolkien
Paper Tape
Views: 830
Message 6 of 9

Interesting I looked at my specs on the side of the tower and I didn't see anything for an M2 slot, would it just be under a different name?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 813
Message 7 of 9

Those are the specs for your system 'as built', not for what is possible.  Your system came with a 1 TB HDD, and no SSD, and 12 GB memory, the max memory for this is is 32 GB, and a M.2 SSD is possible. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
RolkienTolkien
Paper Tape
Views: 807
Message 8 of 9

Forgive me I'm new to modding my PC. Is there any way that I can see if M2 is possible without cracking open my PC?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 798
Message 9 of 9

See page 26 of the Maintenance Manual:   Ideacentre 310A/510A Series Hardware Maintenance Manual

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors