Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-23-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Can't access files or printer from other networked PCs

2021-06-14, 7:50 AM

IdeaCentre 5 14IMB05

I have a home network. I have enabled about everything I can think of to allow my IdeaCentre 5 14IMB05 to share files and attached printer, but neither other system on the network can see this system. Both the other PCs can see each other and this PC can see them. I have turned on and off everything I can think of to no avail. 

Options

2834 Posts

03-11-2020

Greece

330 Signins

14361 Page Views

• Views: 14361
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Can't access files or printer from other networked PCs

2021-06-14, 8:54 AM

Hi JoeBlow123,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you are using a HomeGroup, then you need to add the computer to that homegroup to share files and printers. To do this , check out Windows HomeGroup from start to finish.

In the event this is not the case, then have a look at The Differences Between Private and Public networks in Windows

Hope this helps

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Private Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms