Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-22-2009

Kelowna, BC

4 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 2

Cannot Restart Brand New k220 PC !!!

2009-06-22, 4:55 AM

If I choose restart, the screen will go black. Here are the details I posted at tweaks.com explaining the problem, please help!

"I have tried identifying the problem service by using the 'halves' method in services. I selected the first 50% of services, deselecting the remaining 50%. The problem still persisted. So I reversed the selection and the problem STILL persists! This makes no sense whatsoever. Guaranteed, I had the problem service deselected on either the first selection or the second. So if my PC still has trouble shutting down could it be something else? There is a red light that circles the power button on the top of my desktop when it is on. Just below it is an 'action' light or a hard drive busy light when the hard drive is working. The background part of the light is red but when it's busy or working it flashes green. When the PC is in it's problem state, the monitor is shut down like the PC is off and the internal of the PC becomes much quieter almost like it is shut down but inside I can still hear some faint noise like a small fan or something is still running and the green action/hard drive light flashes consistently about every second while it's in this state. If you leave it long enough it will boot back into windows with an error message saying 'Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown.' Could it possibly be some shut down settings loaded factory from IBM/Lenovo that I can change?"

Options

2827 Posts

02-23-2008

United States of America

10663 Signins

147393 Page Views

• Views: 147393
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot Restart Brand New k220 PC !!!

2009-06-22, 14:32 PM

welcome to lenovo user forums

While i cannot narrow down on the exact service which may be causing you the trouble have you tried the clean boot mode where you may disable all windows services(essential ones like networking will still work).It is also important for you to remember from when were you facing this problem (post installation of any apps or drivers). 

Try using "last known good configuration" press F8 during bootup

You may find  detailed steps  through which you may resolve your problem.follow this link from microsoft answers.com

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/answersfeedback/thread/7ffb42f3-c3b4-4631-9ce7-0bf11e5f771d/ 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms