Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

10-30-2015

Puerto Rico

38 Signins

290 Page Views

• Views: 290
  • Message 1 of 2

Cannot Restore an IdeaCentre K410 after Win 10 upgrade

2015-10-31, 2:41 AM

Hello everyone ,

I have a IdeaCentre K410 Desktop which comes with Win 7 Home preinstalled. First thing I did when I bought are the recovery discs . When the announcement came out upgrading to Win 10 , my K410 were eligible and did the upgrade. Everything was working fine until a few days ago I appeared critical error from the start menu and Cortana . I tried to find a solution from the Internet and tried all possible solutions , but none worked . One solution was to do a refresh or resetting Win 10 with the DVD that you can download the iso, but what he did was delete all the programs that came preinstalled . Now I want to return the system as it came from the factory with its original programs. Because I reset the PC with the downloable iso of Win 10, the original OneKey was removed. Then I decide to download OKR 7 from Lenovo and install it. OKR 7 not works, pressing F2 not works and the recovery disk that I do at the begining boot in the recovery environment but display this Notice "The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect. You may have to recreate the partition to continue." I verify with Disk Management and the OEM (Recovery partitions) are intact.

Questions:

1- Resetting with the Win 10 DVD is responsible that I cannot recover to the initial state?

2- Why recovery disk that I burn at first time not works?

3- What can I do, order the disc from lenovo...?

4- I do not want to format the HDD and lose the OEM partitions, but If I need to format all the HDD, My recovery disc will work?

Please any coments, fix or posible solutions will be appreciate.

P.S. Sorry for my very poor English, I'm trying my best.

Thanks in advance

Carlos

Options

2633 Posts

04-17-2014

United States of America

3553 Signins

44065 Page Views

• Views: 44065
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Cannot Restore an IdeaCentre K410 after Win 10 upgrade

2015-11-14, 14:26 PM

If you already have a recovery disk from Lenovo, you can start fresh and have the computer go back to its state when you first bought it. However, if you want to use a fresh copy of Windows 10, you can do that as well with the Windows 10 Download tool. The Windows product key is already in your motherboard, so there is no need in getting a new product key.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate. I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Communities:    Moto English     English     Deutsche     Español     Portugues     Русскоязычное     Česká     Slovenská     Українська   

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)