cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jj2371
Punch Card
Views: 138
Message 1 of 3

Compatibility of Lenovo K330B (77472FU) Ideacentre with AudioLabel LightScribe Template Software

Is anyone able to advise me definitively if my Lenovo K330B (77472FU) Ideacentre desktop will support AudioLabel LightScribe software to enable me to burn a copy of a long-deleted classical CD and use the LightScribe technology to label the disc and duplicate the insert card? Presumably the K330B has this capability given that it is equipped with a CD-writer. From what source can the necessary software be downloaded and safely installed (Windows 7)? Will it be necessary to burn the contents of the CD onto the LightScribe CD before proceeding with laser etching of the label? A complicating factor is that one track on the CD and insert card is mislabelled, and thus a correction will need to be inserted on the CD and card. Is it possible to edit the contents without having Adobe software? Please provide a detailed, step-by-step set of instructions for the processes involved. One concern with LightScribe is that labels prepared with this technology are said to degrade quickly. Thank you.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 124
Message 2 of 3

Re: Compatibility of Lenovo K330B (77472FU) Ideacentre with AudioLabel LightScribe Template Software

LightScribe was a HP technology, but phased out the LightScribe drives in 2013 and shutting down the official LightScribe website.  Unless your Lenovo had a LightScribe drive installed after-market, your system won't support it, as the stock optical drive is not a LightScribe drive.  You may find a drive for resale on Ebay. 

AudioLabel LightScribe Template Software

Using Your LightScribe Drive - a Beginner's Guide

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
jj2371
Punch Card
Views: 115
Message 3 of 3

Re: Compatibility of Lenovo K330B (77472FU) Ideacentre with AudioLabel LightScribe Template Software

Thank you. It appears, then, that a more straightforward option would be simply to burn the CD copy and then  print the CD label and insert card conventionally. It is unclear if most label-printing software includes editing capabilities that would permit a track title to be edited.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors