Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pkoutoul
Paper Tape
Views: 3,005
Message 1 of 5

Dual monitors

I hope I didn't goof up. I purchased an Idea Center K Series desktop from Tiger Direct along with a KFA Nvidia GeForce 8400 video card. I bought the system to use in my church to run a projection system as a 2nd monitor. I thought enabling dual monitors would be as easy as installing the video card and connecting the projector to its output. However, with the GeForce video card in the PCIE slot, the integrated video seems to disapear leaving only the GeForce. I assumed there would be a BIOS setting that would allow me to enable both the integrated video and the PCIE card, but I can't find it.

Please tell me there's a way to make this work!  

felix
Paper Tape
Views: 2,964
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dual monitors

What type of computer do you have?  How did you get the graphics adapter to work?  Did you have to change the power supply to be able to plug in the adapter?

pkoutoul
Paper Tape
Views: 2,933
Message 3 of 5

My computer is a K210 Idea Center. The adpter worked with no modifications to the power supply -- it uses the PCIE connector. It worked as soon as I installed it and booted up with no changes made to the computer configuration. I am assuming that the BIOS detected the new video card and automatically disabled the on board graphics. That's what I am hoping to avoid.

Any ideas?

felix
Paper Tape
Views: 2,826
Message 4 of 5

My K210 only had one connector for power and it is connected to my SAS drive so it can not power my PNY adapter.  The PNY requires a connection to run the fan.  Right now it had become a very expensive paperweight.
pkoutoul
Paper Tape
Views: 2,817
Message 5 of 5

Well, I wound up ordering a new video card with dual outputs but I also had to order a new power supply to replace the anemic one that came in my computer. I still think this machine was a bargain.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors