Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

20 Posts

06-15-2012

United States of America

34 Signins

208 Page Views

• Views: 208
  • Message 1 of 5

Erazer X315 - Full System Recovery

2018-04-05, 22:23 PM

Hello. I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere else. I have an Erazer X315 (Windows 10) that needs a full system recovery, but the owner did not create a set of backup CDs when he got the PC. How do I access the partition to do it from there? The computer was infected by a hacker and it's not booting into Windows at all.

I'd even be willing to order a set of recovery CDs from Lenovo directly, but I don't seem to be able to even do that. Everything I've tried on this website so far has been a dead-end. I've already manually backed up all the personal data, so I just need to proceed with the recovery. I presume I need to hit a certain key (or key combination) on startup, but I don't know what it is. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Answer
Options

12689 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7325 Signins

751165 Page Views

• Views: 751165

Re: Erazer X315 - Full System Recovery

2018-04-06, 15:05 PM

Hi gtifeld,

Greetings.

As per User manual on One Key Recovery page 16:

Detailed Operation Procedure

1. Repeatedly press and release the F2 key once turning on the computer until the Lenovo Rescue System opens, then select OneKey Recovery. Note: System Recovery will overwrite all of the data on the C: drive. To prevent loss of data, be sure to back up relevant data before performing system recovery.

2. Follow the on-screen instructions to select the backup task you want to restore from and the disk where you want to install the operating system, then press Next to start the restore.

3. Please wait during the process of system recovery. Do not interrupt the operation during the recovery process.

4. After the system is recovered successfully, the software will prompt you to restart the computer. Restart the computer and start the operating system.

This should work as long as the drive was not repartitioned/ changed or got corrupted.

Else recovery media should be available to order by calling tech support. They would be able to transfer you to the software team to process any recovery media for the machine.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Replies(4)
Answer
Options

12689 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7325 Signins

751165 Page Views

• Views: 751165
  • Message 2 of 5

2018-04-06, 15:05 PM

Hi gtifeld,

Greetings.

As per User manual on One Key Recovery page 16:

Detailed Operation Procedure

1. Repeatedly press and release the F2 key once turning on the computer until the Lenovo Rescue System opens, then select OneKey Recovery. Note: System Recovery will overwrite all of the data on the C: drive. To prevent loss of data, be sure to back up relevant data before performing system recovery.

2. Follow the on-screen instructions to select the backup task you want to restore from and the disk where you want to install the operating system, then press Next to start the restore.

3. Please wait during the process of system recovery. Do not interrupt the operation during the recovery process.

4. After the system is recovered successfully, the software will prompt you to restart the computer. Restart the computer and start the operating system.

This should work as long as the drive was not repartitioned/ changed or got corrupted.

Else recovery media should be available to order by calling tech support. They would be able to transfer you to the software team to process any recovery media for the machine.

Hope this helps answer your query.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

20 Posts

06-15-2012

United States of America

34 Signins

208 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-04-09, 5:08 AM

Hi Spidey101,

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much for your assistance. I greatly appreciate it.

Regards,

--- Gary

Options

1 Posts

08-28-2018

Sweden

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 4 of 5

2018-08-28, 20:29 PM

Hi,

Did this work for you? Where you able to restore your computer?

I'm plannig om buying a used X310 for my son to play Fortnite on and would like to know if this worked for you.

Thanks

Options

20 Posts

06-15-2012

United States of America

34 Signins

208 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2018-08-29, 2:12 AM

Hi Khol,

Yes, it did. It was several months ago so I don't recall every specific detail, but I was able to finally do the system recovery from the partition following the steps provided. Good luck.

Regards,

--- Gary

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)