cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luism60613
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,492
Message 1 of 6

Erazer X315 wont start up past the logo? (after Windows update, splash screen)

I left my desktop on sleep mode and when I got back home all that I see is the Lenovo logo...

I have tried the following

1. Unplugging all USBs except the monitor and USB keyboard and it doesn't go past that

2. I also tried to unplug from wall press power for 60 seconds, but still only the logo shows

3.  When I turned it on.. without anything (only the monitor no keyboard or mouse) connected it quickly shows a screen (it says American Megatrends) beeps twice and then goes black.

What could it be?

edit:  I went into bios to have it startup from USB hard drive and it didn't work  I also put a DVD startup disk I had previously created and it didn't work either.

edit 2: I went into bios I removed the internal hard drive as a startup disk and inserted an external DVD reader and moved it up to the first slot.. when I reboot the system the USB DVD spins up, but the window doesn't change it goes into the Lenovo logo and remains..  any suggestions?

I can provide you my serial if it helps any.

Thanks

Mod:  edited Subject line to add Win update information

SJWebster
What's DOS?
Views: 1,441
Message 2 of 6

Re: Erazer X315 wont start up past the logo?

Same problem here. A Windows update downloaded, chose Update and Shut Down. Ever since my Erazer just hangs on the Lenovo logo.

The BIOS recognises my hard drive. If I go to the F12 boot menu it's listed as an option there too. Problem is, if I select that as my boot option, I get an indefinite black screen.

I made a Windows 10 USB boot device and F12 recognises it as a boot option but again, selecting it results in an indefinite black screen.

Seeing someone else with the same desktop and same error tells me something in the Windows update is fatal to Lenovo Erazers and Lenovo need to have stern words with Microsoft.

Photos:

https://imgur.com/a/VXhrsp5

https://imgur.com/a/iRubTwc

https://imgur.com/a/I907gUt

luism60613
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,415
Message 3 of 6

Exactly my same issue.. I think my Windows 10 update occured while at work..

Lenov.. what are our options?

Highlighted
SJWebster
What's DOS?
Views: 1,347
Message 4 of 6

Mine is now up and running again! After neither Microsoft or Lenovo support could solve it, a local repair service, Toneology IT popped round last night and fixed it.

After an hour of troubleshooting and nothing working, we were about to put my hard drive into a caddy and plug it into a laptop USB port to run a check disk when he casually said "I don't know what this Lenovo Resolution Centre thing is in the BIOS. I'll try disabling it and trying another boot. I doubt it'll change anything."

The second he did that, light blue screen, Windows is configuring updates, log in screen!

We theorised (and it is just a theory) that this Lenovo Resolution Centre (or whatever it was called) saw the files the Windows update wanted to mess with and determined it was a threat, preventing the update from completing, resulting in an incomplete OS and failed boots.

If it worked for me, it could work for you too.

luism60613
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,330
Message 5 of 6

SJWebster.. thank you so very much.. I did as you suggested and disabled Lenovo's stuff from the bios and it worked!... I was ready to buy a Dell but will stick with this a while longer... 

Thank you again!

dylanmichael
Paper Tape
Views: 969
Message 6 of 6

I read this and dug around in my BIOS for it and couldnt find it Smiley Sad. But, I remember seeing something called the Lenovo Service Engine and wondering if disabling that would help at all but did not want to make things worse so I didn't. After reading this i figured that maybe I should give it a shot and would you know it that disabling that allowed me to get to the Windows login screen!!! Thank you so much for sharing what you did, I've been trying ALL DAY to get it fixed Smiley Very Happy.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors