Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IdeaFan21
Fanfold Paper
Views: 266
Message 1 of 3

GPU 2gb non uefi, legacy that is compatible with Lenovo Ideacentre K410 11681DU

Hi, I have an issue with that graphics card that I purchased, I installed and check every connections, power cable from power supply to the graphic card that is 8 pins, fit excellent in the PCIe slot, etc. When I turn on the computer, do not display nothing, no post, but the fans of the graphic card spin. There is not activity in the SSD. Computer is on fans, etc, but there is not signal to my monitor.

To test, I removed the new graphic card and turn on with the integrated graphic and is fine, then I installed my old graphic card that is a powercolor Radeon HD 7770 1Gb Gddr5 and works fine. So, that PCIe slot is fine, mobo is fine, cable from PC to monitor is fine, monitor is fine, memory Ram is fine, power supply is fine. I suppose that the new graphic card is DOA. Finally the BIOS of my computer is the latest one. Lenovo download indicates that this machine do not need Bios Update. Searching in the internet I find that most recent GPU are UEFI support, so the K410 I have is not UEFI. My question here is What GPU  (legacy, non uefi) with 2Gb or more and GDDR5 can I install in my rig. 

My specs:

Lenovo Ideacentre K410 1168
Ram: 8Gb
PSU: 750 Watts
CPU: I5-2320 3 GHz

Video: Powercolor Radeon HD 7770 1Gb Gddr5 (dedicated)
Win 10 Pro 64bits

Thanks in advanced

IdeaFan21Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 234
Message 2 of 3

Re: GPU 2gb non uefi, legacy that is compatible with Lenovo Ideacentre K410 11681DU

Been asked before, it's not good news:  Ideacentre-K410-Graphics-Card-Upgrade-for-3-monitors-video-GPU

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
sylwiusz
Serial Port
Views: 183
Message 3 of 3

Re: GPU 2gb non uefi, legacy that is compatible with Lenovo Ideacentre K410 11681DU

Hi. Some older but not too old cards should be non-UEFI. The best way to find them is to use Techpowerup VGA BIOS database - you can search for a given card and on its page see whether it is UEFI compatible. If not - then it should work on older systems with legacy BIOS including yours. GTX 660 for instance is non-UEFI.

Here is whole database and example of GTX 660 page - look for "UEFI supported" part - should be "No" in your case:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/146487/asus-gtx660-2048-130412-1

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors