Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathianb1974
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,598
Message 1 of 12

Graphics card upgrade results for h50-50

Fiirstly hello to all this is my first post here and i hope to bring good news for some.

Having spent a few weeks lurking here and trawling the net for answers to upgrading the H50-50 i5 4460 graphics,i pretty much saw little results for anything over a nvidia gtx 750ti.However i bit the bullet and got a gigabyte gtx960 itx card and a corsair 500w atx psu...

I can confirm the installation went as smoothly as any other system and im now able to game at a decent quality.Im sure other 900 series cards as long as they physically fit in the case should be fine.hope this helps...

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,593
Message 2 of 12

Re: Graphics card upgrade results for h50-50

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Thanks for posting your upgrade experience.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Guru
Views: 4,575
Message 3 of 12

Great to hear! I've done a similar upgrade about half a year ago, worked great

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

maykoku888
What's DOS?
Views: 4,458
Message 4 of 12

H50-50: i7-4790 3.6ghz, 1T HD, 12 GB RAM - VR Ready?

That is awesome news! Tnx for replying with ur results. I have the Lenovo H50-50 and was wondering if the Nvidia GTX 970 would fit inside along with a suitable PSU - trying to get this com HTC VIVE/VR ready. has been a challenge since there is so little information out there and I've been a bit reluctant considering I have heard Lenovo can be finicky when it comes to certain hardware components. Anyways, It would be great to see what the community has to say, the freaking GTX 970 is like 10.5 inches long! H50-50 is supposed to be part of a smaller tower family if I remember correctly. So anways before I drop $400 it would be nice to know for sure if it can be done, tnx guys.

nathianb1974
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,440
Message 5 of 12

Im not sure you'd be able to squeeze 10 inch even if you moved the hard drive. Good news though I know gigabyte do a mini itx gtx 970 4gb which should fit. Good luck
selenit4
What's DOS?
Views: 3,659
Message 6 of 12

Hi guys!

i stepped it up a bit and am going to upgrade my h50 with a zotac gtx 1060 mini and a corsair cx600.

i am gonna let you all know if it worked. the graphics card should arrive tomorrow or so.

this is the cardthis is the card

nathianb1974
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,652
Message 7 of 12

Please do let us know because I was thinking about doing this also, good luck 

lilames87
What's DOS?
Views: 3,286
Message 8 of 12

Do you know what the dimensions have to be for the power supply for the h50-50 lenovo computer? Just so I can look for one with those dimensions on bestbuy.com

Thanks. 

Highlighted
SneakyLlama
Paper Tape
Views: 2,636
Message 9 of 12

Could i upgrade my Lenovo H50-50 with the new GTX 1050ti?

I was wondering if I could upgrade my H50-50 intel core i5-4460,8gb ram and GTX 745 with the new GTX 1050ti?I'm not sure because the 1050ti is a dual slot card.Nvidia says that the recommended power supply is a 300w,which I have on this PC.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,631
Message 10 of 12

Re: Could i upgrade my Lenovo H50-50 with the new GTX 1050ti?

It would probably have to be a short (mini) version of the card like the one linked below, in order to fit in the case, but the mini will definitely fit.        

Your system probably just has a 280w PSU, but if Nvidia says a 300w PSU is all that is needed, you can probably get away with the stock 280w PSU.     You can also upgrade the PSU if needed, but you would need a 24pin to 14pin power adapter to adapt the standard PSU to the Lenovo motherboard.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti GAMING, 04G-P4-6251-KR, 4GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487290&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KN...

The videos below are by a kid in the UK who upgraded a H50-50 with a different GPU and also a new PSU, but he does a very good job of showing what needs to be done to do so.   

UPGRADING MY LENOVO H50 PSU/GPU 500W+GTX750TI (part 1)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BScjAJ7YuWM

UPGRADING MY LENOVO H50 (GTX750TI+ 500W PSU) BETTER QUALITY (part 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PU-Uitz0Y

Good Luck,

Top Kudoed Authors