Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slaine
Paper Tape
Views: 3,052
Message 1 of 8

H30-05 upgrade graphics card

Hi all,

My daughter got a H30-05 desktop pc for christmas and it's quite nice for her 1st pc.

However I'm wanting to beef up the graphics a bit and an thinking about buying possibly a GeForce GTX 950 or a 960.

I'm wondering if these mini gfx cards will work in this pc?

Also i think i will need to buy a seperate psu as the system wont be powerful enough for one of these cards.

Anyone successfully upgraded one?

Guru
Views: 3,036
Message 2 of 8

Re: H30-05 upgrade graphics card

I've had many people ask me this. It will work fine, but you will need a more powerful power supply, and also the adapters for them 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Slaine
Paper Tape
Views: 3,027
Message 3 of 8

Thanks, I though so.

Do you think I will need a small form factor psu or will a normal sized one fit?

Guru
Views: 3,018
Message 4 of 8

A small form factor one.

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Slaine
Paper Tape
Views: 3,007
Message 5 of 8

With the case only being 105mm wide I have to choose the card VERY carefully as most 'low profile' cards are actually too wide for the case.

I spent quite a while researching and found this card which is perfect - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ZA1IFGA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

I chose the GTX 750Ti as the dimentions are 14.6 x 3.8 x 6.9 cm which for a card of this spec is amazing.

Also these cards seem to be quite hard to find possibly due to their size.

Again carefully choosing a small factor psu I've ordered this one again which is perfect for the case size - http://www.cclonline.com/product/176420/SS-305TFX/Power-Supplies/Sea-Sonic-350W-TFX-80-Gold-Certifie...

They will be here in a few days and will really make a difference to my daughters pc.

AJMBOY
Paper Tape
Views: 2,903
Message 6 of 8

How did it work out? 

Slaine
Paper Tape
Views: 2,880
Message 7 of 8

It's worked out great.

The card fitted perfectly and even though I bought the PSU I haven't installed it yet as the system seems to handle powering the card from the board. The card hasn't really been pushed yet so I'll bear that in mind.

käyttäjä
What's DOS?
Views: 2,579
Message 8 of 8

Hi have you installed PSU yet, does it work fine?

Top Kudoed Authors