Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krrrrazyk
What's DOS?
Views: 323
Message 1 of 3

H330 Intermittently will not power on

Greetings! My H330 will occasionally not respond to the press of the power button. To clear the problem, I have to remove the cmos battery and reset the cmos(short the battery contacts). Then it will turn on properly. Once the computer is responding to the power button again, it might work properly for only a day, or it could be fine for days. There is no set pattern. FYI - The ethernet is bad on the motherboard. I'm wondering if the motherboard is bad. What do you think?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 306
Message 2 of 3

Re: H330 Intermittently will not power on

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

If your ethernet is bad on the motherboard it could very well be the source of your start up problem.  The bad ethernet maybe corrupting the CMOS information which is turn is causing your boot up problem.  After you clear the CMOS the computer boots normally until the bad ethernet causes another glitch.  Have you tried going into your BIOS Setup and then see if there is an option to disable the on-board ethernet controller ?  It should be under the Devices tab of the BIOS Setup.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

krrrrazyk
What's DOS?
Views: 303
Message 3 of 3

Re: H330 Intermittently will not power on

Thanks.  I'll disable the Ethernet in bios and continue testing.  

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors