Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-23-2013

United States

2 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 21 of 24

Re: HELP! Win 7 Drivers

2013-09-23, 19:17 PM
Thanks for your solution, it's really helpful!
Lenovo should change the network adapters for H415 online!
Options

2 Posts

02-11-2015

Florida

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 22 of 24

2015-02-11, 3:42 AM

I am a 20+ year IT guy.  Worked with IBM hardware for many of those years.  So when my mother, yes my mother, wanted help getting a preconfigured system I went with her to Staples.  Weighing price/performance we settled on the Lenovo H415.  Mom said, "How are they as a brand?"  I said, "The ThinkPads I have supported were good products since Lenovo bought them.  This system should be OK also."  And here I am unable to reload her system by hand, BECAUSE EVERY SINGLE DRIVER FOR VIDEO AND NETWORK ON THEIR SUPPORT PAGE DOES NOT WORK, YES 650MB OF DRIVERS!  (the backup discs were accidentaly discarded)

Too bad that Lenovo doesn't troll their own community support pages to see what issues their CUSTOMERS are having.  Yet I bet they spend big bucks on focus groups trying to learn the same things that a few decent algorithms could glean from this website.

Lenovo?  Never again, back to DELL to stay until someone better comes along.  At least the stinking DELL drivers specified for a system actually work....

Options

2 Posts

02-11-2015

Florida

4 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 23 of 24

2015-02-12, 4:59 AM

Thank you n46krb for locating the ethernet drivers, you gave me hope..

Lenovo desktop model H415, CFM1D3M motherboard specifications:

http://www.findlaptopdriver.com/lenovo-cfm1d3m-specs/

Realtek ethernet driver:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1

AMD chipset & video drivers (video driver installed after a re-boot or two):

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/embedded?os=Windows%207%20-%2032

Removed 2nd failed HDD and loaded replacement drive with Windows 7 Home Premium, SP1.

System now has ALL drivers installed and is currently installing 178 Windows updates.

Added the essentials: Chrome, Firefox, Adobe Reader & Flash, VLC, Avast, uTorrent and LibreOffice.

Will image system with Clonezilla and store image on home server, DVD and image spare HDD.

Finally load Carbonite and restore personal data.

It looked pretty dire at first, but worked out in the end.  No thanks to Lenovo.

Options

4 Posts

10-16-2015

United States

5 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 24 of 24

2015-11-25, 17:14 PM

wrote:

SOLVED. I appreciate your efforts in trying to help but as usual, I solved it myself. I couldn't wait for someone's solution here.

After MUCH MUCH digging online, I found the right driver. I tried to search under the model of the motherboard and NOT the model of the system. The # on the motherboard was "CFM1D3M"  I obtained the CORRECT REALTEK LAN driver, installed it and bam - worked perfect. I can now at least get online.

I obtained the correct driver here:

http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#1

@PLEASE, Lenovo, take note of this problem. This is only one of the models vs however many were manufactured? I'm sure other people will have thius problem if downgrading to Windows 7. THIS drive works. I tried every single one of the drivers on this website under the correct product page and none worked. Please correct this with this driver. Thanks anyway @sarbin

You just saved me so much time. I'm at a Doctor's office and diagnosed the hard drive died. I installed a new hdd, got Wn7 reinstalled, downloaded the lan driver from Lenovo and it would not work! Used your link to Realtek and it worked perfectly! Thank you! Now I can go eat lunch!!

This is not the first time Lenovo drivers were either wrong or non existent. I have the same issue with HP too. If these companies think that they can ignore support because they already have our money they are dead wrong! I have quite a bit of influnce over the purchases my clients make not to mention my own purchases that I then resell. I will defintely keep this in mind when I recommend or buy any computer going forward! If it starts to hurt their sales they will listen and fix it!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms