Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

10-14-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 3

H415 System updated to Win 10, fan runs even when in "sleep" mode.

2020-10-14, 19:00 PM

I have an H415 since 2012.  I had updated to WINDOW10 on 8/4/20.  Since then the CPU fan sporadically runs at a constant even when "sleeping".  Since H415 is a Windows 7 System, should I not have updated to Windows 10?  Perhaps overloading it?  Thanks

MOD: Added issue details to title -Doc

Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Views: 5895
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:H415 System updated to Win 10, fan runs even when in "sleep" mode.

2020-10-14, 20:32 PM

Hello Dolly930 and welcome to the Lenovo community forums,

Moving from Windows 7 to Windows 10 has nothing to with it and is most likely an hardware issue or maybe residual charge left on your motherboard for that perform a cold boot to see if that would resolve it. Turn off your computer completely then unplug everything most importantly the power cord from the back of the system and than push-in hold the power button for five or more seconds. 

Edit: Okay one thing just thought of Fast Startup ... try disabling it. The Pros and Cons of Windows 10’s “Fast Startup” Mode

Options

2 Posts

10-14-2020

United States of America

5 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:H415 System updated to Win 10, fan runs even when in "sleep" mode.

2020-10-15, 1:01 AM

Thanks EyeDeeNo.  I had done that but only removed the power cord not the gazillion other cords back there (usual wires plus docking station).  When I came back to the computer after about 3 hours, it was restarting with updates (this was already done this afternoon).  This seems to happen when it goes to sleep or it is idle.  I know these systems don't last long and I have been on it almost every single day since the quarantine began.  I did look in the back at the fans since I have, maybe, cleaned then once in the 8 years I've had it.  It's pretty dusty on the fan blades.  

Let's see how it goes when I try your remedy again tomorrow.  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms