cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tanker
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,303
Message 1 of 7

H50-50 - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) is waking PC

I have a Lenovo H50-50 PC running Windows 10 version 1709. The -Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) is waking my PC by itself. I verified that this is the cause by going to the Event Viewer. How can I disable that from happening?Event Viewer Intel WAKE.JPG

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

TillST
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,267
Message 2 of 7

Re: H50-50 - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) is waking PC

Hi,
I had this problem too-i disabled fast start up which worked but only when you shut down not lock. This is a temporary fix and i have never been able to fix the host controller
tanker
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,265
Message 3 of 7

Re: H50-50 - Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) is waking PC

Hi,
Thanks, I'll try that. Sad to hear that you have never been able to fix the host controller. Sure wish Lenovo would do something about that!

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1709. When I restart my PC, Chrome starts by itself and loads a Microsoft help page. It never did this before! I checked in Task Manager and Chrome is not set to start automatically. Have you ever heard of that?
TillST
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,258
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

I have not experienced that myself. For the original problem, go into device manager and into usb controllers. Here you wll find usb controllers etc and try goings into each one and onto power managment. There, untick the box that allows it to wake the computer. What confuses me is that  Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller does not have a power options tab.

Sebastian

tanker
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,256
Message 5 of 7

Hi,
Thanks again. I did that previously and that didn't solve the issue.
TillST
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,241
Message 6 of 7

I have no more ideas so I gave it a google. Probably a problem with windows not lenovo. Got this from microsoft's website:  

Method 1: Run power troubleshooter.

a. Press Windows +R key on the keyboard.
b. Type troubleshooting in the pop-up box and press Enter.
c. Click System and Security on left panel.
d. Click Power, new window will popup.
e. Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: update Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver from this link.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/65855/Intel-USB-3-0-eXtensible-Host-Controller-Driver

Method 3: Compatibility mode

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.
2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.
3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.
4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

tanker
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,233
Message 7 of 7

Thanks. Check this out:

Last Reviewed: 15-May-2017
Article ID: 000005537
Windows* 8, Windows* 8.1, and Windows® 10 have a native in-box USB 3.0 driver. Intel is not releasing a specific Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for Windows 8, 8.1, or 10.

If you are upgrading from Windows* 7 to Windows 8, 8.1, or 10, uninstall the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver before installing the upgrade.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005537/software/chipset-software.html

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors