cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Faraonqbg
What's DOS?
Views: 2,674
Message 1 of 3

H50-50: Upgraded graphics with GTX 1060, power supply, SSD (GPU, PSU)

Hi folks, i wanted to share my Lenovo IdeaCentre H50-50 upgrade experience, since i had my own fair share of digging when i decided to start.

I had the Core i 7 6700 with 8 gigs of ram and Gtx 745

I managed to put the Gigabyte 1060 3 gb. model and CoolerMaster PSU B600 V2, and ADATA Premier SP580 Solid State Drive 240GB BLACK COLOR BOX

The Dimensions of the VGA are: 39 X 223 X 121 mm

The PSU Dimensions are: 150 x 140 x 86mm

The 1 big problem you gonna run in to is the PSU. The lenovo 14 pin main power cable ...****** almost made me sell the entire pc.

In small country's the adapter they offer is impossible to find and good luck with finding 14 pin power supply. 
There are tutorials in youtube on make a 20 pin one to 14 but believe me it's not that easy and it's a bit of a gamble. 
NOT to mention warranty issues.  [Mod:  there are 14-pin adapter cables for Lenovo available on Amazon and Moddiy.  Also, I highly recommend a power supply that is modular or semi-modular, such as the Corsair CX-M series, as only using the cables needed will save space and help airflow within the case. ]

All things considered, the airflow of the Case is very good, i removed the last 2 metal covers (below the video card) [Mod:  PCI slot covers -- ventilated slot covers are available so this doesn't need to be completely open, and recommended for any system with a higher spec graphics card] so that cool air can go thru there and i reach max temperature of 60 c.

I'm sorry for the bad English, i hope i helped some people who consider upgrading their lenovo pc's.

Mod:  added detail to Subject line

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,073
Message 2 of 3

Re: H50-50: Upgraded graphics with GTX 1060, power supply, SSD (GPU, PSU)

Marking this thread as Solved.

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
keremphd
Paper Tape
Views: 353
Message 3 of 3

Re: H50-50: Upgraded graphics with GTX 1060, power supply, SSD (GPU, PSU)

what is the solution for upgrading the powersupply for Lenovo H50-50 in 2019 february? any accepted solution?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors