Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

06-24-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

39 Page Views

• Views: 39
  • Message 1 of 2

H50-55; Two short beeps, turns on and off on startup 3 times then goes to white screen

2018-06-24, 17:10 PM

Hello

I recently took apart my desktop to clean it which i have done a bunch of times before to both my laptop and my desktop. Ive owned the desktop for a year, it is store bought. I removed every component to said desktop includinb the filter/fan for processor and clean all of them thoroughly as i was slacking a bit on my cleaning habits. I used Q-tips cotton swabs to clean them and nothing was cratched or broken. After putting the desktop together i noticed it turned on normally, saying lenovo perfectly fine then would turn off 3 times until finally turning back on to a discolored static looking screen then after sitting there for the standard Lenovo title duration would turn to a white screen and stay there permanently until shut down manually. No sound through any of thia except the beeps.

My troubleshooting techniques

I initially thought it was the graphics card as the screen appeared to look as if it was struggling to display a screen but after some critical thinking and research i found out the beeps translated to Parity circuit failure. So Checked both my 4gb ddr3 RAM sticks and after swapping them in every possible combination When either one or both were in either one of the two slots i got the same two beep error but when non were in i got the RAM error. I am unable to access the bios or any of the other menus accessible on bootup normally. 

Any idea how to fix this? Or even what the problem is?

Also my specs are:

Processor-A10 amd quad core

Graphics card- R7 200 series amd

RAM - two 4gb ddr3 

Hard drive - All i know is its lenovo and has 2tb of storage

--> UPDATE <--

I attempted to see if anything was broken and removed every piece including the motherboard. I did not see any broken pieces but after assebling and turning on the computer did not reset 3 times but instead went straight to the static screen and then to the white screen as usual. I attempted to access the bios but is still unable to access the bios. Still two short beeps.

Answer
Options

3 Posts

06-24-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

39 Page Views

Re: H50-55; Two short beeps, turns on and off on startup 3 times then goes to white screen

2018-06-30, 3:37 AM

I left my computer alone for a few days and when I turned it back on it just worked. Not sure why it turned on now but not before and I dont know what caused the issue in the first place.

Replies(1)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

06-24-2018

United States of America

4 Signins

39 Page Views

• Message 2 of 2

Re: H50-55; Two short beeps, turns on and off on startup 3 times then goes to white screen

2018-06-30, 3:37 AM

I left my computer alone for a few days and when I turned it back on it just worked. Not sure why it turned on now but not before and I dont know what caused the issue in the first place.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)