Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LarryGT
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,548
Message 1 of 2

H50-55 Wireless and Bluetooth lost - error code 43

Hi,

My H50-55 has been working fine over the last 6 months and even survived the upgrade to Windows 10 - or so I thought.

Logged on todayand both of the Realtek wireless devices have been disabled with the ollowing comments:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

This is affecting:

Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC

Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

I have already tried the rollback to Win 8.1 but it didn't help.  I also re-installed and ran teh Lenovo diagnostics facility and that found nothing wrong at all !

I've seen a few comments about WiFi and Bluetooth cards - anybody had & solved this one ?

Thanks

Larry

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,511
Message 2 of 2

Re: H50-55 Wireless and Bluetooth lost - error code 43

Windows is getting an error back from the Realtek 8821AE Wireless Lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC device, which is a combo card attached to the mother board,  and held in by two screws (see page 50 of the Lenovo H50 SeriesHardware Maintenance Manual), which could be due to a damaged driver, or a hardware failure.     .

It most is due to a corrupted driver, so the first thing I would do is download the latest Realtek Wireless LAN Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit & 32-bit) driver u4wlg04us17.exe from Lenovo (if you are back on Windows 10 again), and save it where you can find it.    If you can connect to the Internet with a LAN cable, then do so as it will make things easier, but if not, you will have to copy over the driver on a USB stick etc.

I do not see a direct download for a Windows 8.1 driver on Lenovo's H50-55 driver download page, but I do see one here that says it is for the 8821AE on the page, but in the readme it appears to be for a Realtek RTL8192C.      Not sure which one is correct, but you might pull it down anyway since it will just error out and not install if the wrong driver.   Otherwise you may have to get a 8.1 driver via Windows Update via a wired LAN connection.    Try to stay away from those automatic driver update tools advertised online...get them either from the Microsoft via Windows Update, or Lenovo.

The next step is to open Device Manager

• Right Click on Start and select Device Manager or Start > Run  devmgmt.msc
  • click on Network Adapters to open and then right click on your Realtek Wifi Adapter and select Properties.
    • On the General Tab, it should normally say the Device is Working Properly, but in your case probably not.
    • Next click on the Drivers Tab, and note down the current driver version details etc. just for the record
    • Next click on the Uninstall button
    • Check the box to "delete the driver software for this device" to completely remove the existing driver, and then select OK  (this is why you want a copy of the driver saved before hand).
    • Once the uninstall is complete, reboot your computer
    • Once rebooted, run the driver installer, and reboot as needed.

If the clean install of the driver fails to fix the problem, you might try just removing the NIC card and then resetting in on the motherboard just to see if it is a connection issue, but most likely is just the driver.   

Good Luck,

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors