Options

62 Posts

10-27-2013

New Jersey

120 Signins

1534 Page Views

• Views: 1534
  • Message 1 of 5

H535 Desktop Power Button is wearing-out or breaking and the PC does not start on first try

2016-12-15, 2:39 AM

This has been a gradual issue but now it's getting worse. Mostlikely from the CHEAP PARTS they used in these machines.  When I depress the power button, the PC does not start. I must try to depress it multiple times or for a long period of time, or press the button off center haphazardly to boot the PC. I think the button is starting to wear out due to inferior products used. I'm afraid that one day (very soon) I won't be able to start this PC.  Power button is on the top front left side. See pic below.

Did anyone else have this problem with this type of power button? Just wondering if there's any way to fix it or replace it.  I already had to replace the DVD Burner which FAILED. I had many Dell desktops over the years and did not have any hardware issues. My next PC will be a Mac unless Microsoft gets their stuff together with their CRAP OS's (post Windows 7).

Thanks so much,

grazie:)

Options

919 Posts

07-05-2016

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1521 Signins

5917 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5917
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: H535 Desktop Power Button is wearing-out or breaking and the PC does not start on first try

2016-12-16, 11:59 AM

wrote:

This has been a gradual issue but now it's getting worse. Mostlikely from the CHEAP PARTS they used in these machines.  When I depress the power button, the PC does not start. I must try to depress it multiple times or for a long period of time, or press the button off center haphazardly to boot the PC. I think the button is starting to wear out due to inferior products used. I'm afraid that one day (very soon) I won't be able to start this PC.  Power button is on the top front left side. See pic below.

Did anyone else have this problem with this type of power button? Just wondering if there's any way to fix it or replace it.  I already had to replace the DVD Burner which FAILED. I had many Dell desktops over the years and did not have any hardware issues. My next PC will be a Mac unless Microsoft gets their stuff together with their CRAP OS's (post Windows 7).

Thanks so much,

grazie:)

Hi Graz,

The power button can be replaced, as shown on parts list.

•  LS LED/switch cable_680mm CABLES INTERNAL 31502721

•  Grandsun LED/switch cable_680mm CABLES INTERNAL 31502722 

•  Jiahao LED/switch cable_680mm CABLES INTERNAL 31502723

Hope this help you and let us know how you get on

=====================================================================================
    Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
    If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

62 Posts

10-27-2013

New Jersey

120 Signins

1534 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

Re: H535 Desktop Power Button is wearing-out or breaking and the PC does not start on first try

2016-12-16, 16:17 PM

OK. Thanks so much!

Options

62 Posts

10-27-2013

New Jersey

120 Signins

1534 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2017-08-11, 1:18 AM

I found a power button on Ebay in  December 2016 to replace the worn power button. Now this SECOND power button is wearing-out in the same way which is barely 9 months old. Lenovo really uses some crap parts. Never buying Lenovo again.  NOW I NEED TO HUNT DOWN A THIRD ONE. :(

Options

1 Posts

01-21-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 5 of 5

Re:H535 Desktop Power Button is wearing-out or breaking and the PC does not start on first try

2021-01-21, 16:23 PM

Do you know where on eBay I can find the replacement printed circuit board with a working power switch for a Lenovo H535 series Desktop?

if the circuit board is no longer available is there a way to bypass that power switch through the cable wiring that's part of the harness that goes to the printed circuit board?

The elderly person that owns the computer had pressed the plastic power button on the top bezel so hard it literally broke the mounted power switch which is about 1/8 by 1/8 inch in size, off the printed circuit board making it unrepairable.

Thank you so much for your kind consideration of my post.

wordsmith1776 in Louisiana

20210120_143414-0__01__01.jpg
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms