Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

02-17-2018

United States of America

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 1

H535 - Trouble fixing the wifi driver

2018-02-17, 17:02 PM

Hello, I have a problem fixing my brother's computer. The model number is H535 desktop tower. We have this problem for awhile now and I cant find any sort of solutions throughout the internet. What happened is that his desktop would not show any kind of wifi connections at all. i tried all the fix i could find on the internet such as troubleshooting, resetting the computer, even going as far as reverting back to windows 8.1 (the version he was using was Windows 10) and still no fix that i could find. i asked a co-worker at work that it could be the hardware problem instead of the software. I had the same problems several months ago when my computer suddenly lost all the connection to the internet, more specifically it cant connect to any wifi because it would show none. my computer (a Dell all-in-one) fix was deleting the whole wireless driver and reinstalling it, and it worked perfectly after that; the wifi list came back after that fix. So, i tried to do the same thing to my brother's computer. not much can be said because when i checked the device manager, i could not find any wireless network driver for the computer. this problem suddenly appeared out of nowhere; the computer was fine for approximately a year after using Windows 10. the computer forces us to connect it to an ethernet connection. when it was on windows 10, it showed several options on the network adapter but i forgot most of them except for one that stays after the rollback, I think it is the ethernet driver. i tried to install the wifi wireless driver (the driver is from Realtek), and somehow, after installing the driver (after installing and rebooting because it prompt me to reboot the computer) some weird things happened. the driver (realtek wifi driver) did not appear on device manager at all. when i tried to do the same thing i did with my computer, that is to delete the ethernet driver and install the wireless driver, but it did not work because when i restarted the computer, the ethernet driver is back and i did not see the wireless driver installed. but on this build of windows 8.1, it only has 1 network adapter instead of several others. I would like to resolve the problem without having to go to Lenovo service center. 

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)