Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nagginwitch
Paper Tape
Views: 346
Message 1 of 3

H535 using graphics card and onboard graphics after reboot

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors.

I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.  

Here is what I have to do to get it working correctly again (I call it "the shuffle").

Turn off computer

Unplug PCI card

Turn on computer (boots using onboard graphics)

Turn off computer

Install PCI card

Turn on computer

Then everything works fine again until I have to turn off the computer at which point I have to do the shuffle again.

nagginwitch
Paper Tape
Views: 97
Message 2 of 3

Re: Looking to upgrade my Lenovo H50-55 A8-7600

I added a video card to my Lenovo and am running 3 monitors. Sometimes when it reboots it forgets about the other 2 monitors and I have to power down, remove the card, reboot with just one monitor, power down, add the card, reboot.  Concequently, my computer stays on 24/7.  It may be the video card doing this, I have never found a solution.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 83
Message 3 of 3

Re: H535 using graphics card and onboard graphics after reboot

@nagginwitch wrote:

I have a H535 and added a PCI GeForce GT610 that will support up to 2 monitors.

I can get both onboard and PCI to work using 3 monitors, except when I have to turn off the computer.  Then the onboard graphics card fails to activate.  

You're using the internal graphics at the same time as a graphics card?   I'm frankly surprised this will work as all, as it is not a valid configuration for virtually all* IdeaCentres.  (* = I don't know of any IdeaCentres that support concurrent graphics, but I shouldn't say definitively all, as I haven't seen the specs for all models)  

There are versions of low-power (30w) graphics cards that will support 3 monitors that will resolve this problem.   A GT 630 or 730.  And there's a very good chance a GT 1030 DDR5 will work (since a GTX 1050 will run in your system with a power supply upgrade) if you wish to try a current generation card. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors