Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo DesktopsLenovo Desktop Towers
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-18-2016

UK

22 Signins

106 Page Views

• Views: 106
  • Message 1 of 1

Hard Disk partitions on H520s

2016-03-18, 15:07 PM

I have a Lenovo H520s desktop that originally came with Windows 8.1, but has since been upgraded to Windows 10.  Everything works fine except that I am running out of disk space on my 1 TB hard disk.  The C:\ drive partition is less than half full (514 GB of which 462 GB is free), while the D:\ drive partition on which my data is stored has less 15% free (50 GB out of 390 GB).

I cannot redistribute the unused free space on the C:\ drive partition as Windows reports that there is a 350 MB 'Recovery Partition' of which 30 MB is used and labelled as WINRE_DRV by the Lenovo Solution Centre, sitting between the two, that I cannot do anything.  There is also a 24 GB 'Recovery Partition after the D:\ drive partition of which 11 GB is used, labelled by LSC as WIN_DRV.

There are also four other partitions in front of the C;\ drive partition: the first is 1 GB, of which 528 is free reported as a 'Recovery Partition' labelled by LSC as WINRE_DRV; followed by an empty 250 MB 'EEI System Partition', labelled by LSC as EFI System partition; followed by a 500 MB 'OEM Partition', labelled as 'unnamed partition' by LSC; and finally a 128 MB identified by LSC as a Microsoft Reserved Partition that does not show up in the Disk Management section of Windows Computer Management tool.

My questions are:

1) what are all these partitions for;

2) which if any, of them needed now that the PC has been upgraded to Windows 10 and the OEM system restore is no longer relevant; and

3) how can I remove unwanted partitions or at least move them so that I can recover some of the unused disk space from my C:\ drive partition?  

I have screen dumps of the HD configuration from LSC and Windows Computer Management tool, but can't find a way to upload these.

Grateful for any assistance is sorting this issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms