US

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 1 of 3

Hardware issues with my DVD Mat**bleep**a while burning CD/DVD

2018-11-10, 19:10 PM

Hello all,

I purchased my Lenove H520 approximaltey 5 years ago. Installed are a Mat**bleep**a CD/DVD player burner. I have been using the installed cyberlink Power2go v6.0 to burn cd/dvd's. I occasionaly would get a fail message while burning. Up until this past week I have had a complete failure in trying to burn cd/dvds.  First I checked my DVD player if it has updated drivers, it shows it does. I contacted cyberlink with the error code I am getting. they told me that it is a hardware issue. 

the message is File(cl_DataBurning.cpp), Line (437) - > Burning Fail, ErrCode: 0xeb020b88

Another message says that the disc is not compatible with the DVD burner.

My question is do I replace my DVD-RAM Mat**bleep**a sw820 or is there another issue I need to find.

Thank you all for your time.

Pete

Solved! See the solution
Options

402 Posts

08-02-2018

US

163 Signins

956 Page Views

• Views: 956
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Hardware issues with my DVD Mat**bleep**a while burning CD/DVD

2018-11-11, 3:18 AM

Hi peten95337!

Welcome to the Community Forums!

To check if the DVD drive is faulty, put in a movie CD/DVD disk and try to play it. If it plays, the hardware is still good which means the issue is software. You can reinstall the Power2Go software or install a different burning software.

Mod's Edit: this post was marked as the Solution based on member's feedback.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2 Posts

11-10-2018

US

5 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Hardware issues with my DVD Mat**bleep**a while burning CD/DVD

2018-11-14, 3:29 AM

Tried to put a cd and received an error message, then could not open or close. Tried several times but kept getting error message. Bought a new burner today and it now works perfect. Thank you for the information. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save