Options

3 Posts

12-19-2011

New Jersey

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 1 of 5

How do you clear out the Vista operating system and install the XP Pro SP3 Clean?

2011-12-19, 16:10 PM

Hello all,

I want to delete or un-install the Vista Home Premium in my Lenovo 3000 H210 and re install an OTC Windows XP Pro SP3. Alot of my printers and Graphics run on the older XP Pro O/S and I cannot use use Vista as there are no patch links..

My questions are..

1. How in detail do you do this??

I have been told about removing partitions and formating the HD but I do not want to harm anything. I have already saved my needed information on Flash drives so there is nothing left needed.

Second question involves additional 1GB graphics card.

1. Can I install a 1GB (or higher)  DDR3 Graphics card into this system? What specs should I shop for to give me the optimum performance for Graphics illustration work?

Thanks,

Chris

Options

4202 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38534 Signins

577576 Page Views

• Views: 577576
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: How do you clear out the Vista operating system and install the XP Pro SP3 Clean?

2011-12-20, 0:08 AM

Hi Elchulachaser and welcome to the Community,

I'll try to answer some of your questions.

First of all XP doesn't have native SATA drivers for your hard drive, so look in your bios and see if there's an option for changing SATA mode to compatible, (not sure how it's listed in an  H210).  

Or, you could put the SATA drivers on a cd and when XP asks for drivers during the install, load the CD and let windows install the drivers.

When you say about not harming anything, not sure what you mean by that.  Are you planning on keeping the recovery partition with Vista on it?  Or are you planning on wiping the drive and installing XP on the whole drive?

Did you burn recovery discs?  If not, you probably should in case something should go wrong with the XP install.

Nothing quite like cheap insurance.

As far as putting a high end graphics card in there, your power supply is only rated for 280 watts.  You'd be able to run a low to medium spec. graphics card with the power supply.  You would have to check the specs. of the card to see what the power requirements would be before installing it.  I would do a search on Fleabay for H210 graphics cards and see what comes up.

How much ram is in your system now?  Your machine will take up to 4Gb. 2-2GB DIMMs. XP 32bit will only see 3. something of the ram.  Upping the ram would increase the performance somewhat.

I probably gave you more questions than answers.

Dave 

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Options

3 Posts

12-19-2011

New Jersey

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 3 of 5

Re: How do you clear out the Vista operating system and install the XP Pro SP3 Clean?

2011-12-20, 1:39 AM

Thanks for your reply.. I am not super Comp savvy to delve to far into it if it's not easy to in itself..

Can I put the Sata Drivers on a Flash Drive and boot from that or does it need to be an actual disc? If not where can I find the drivers to burn the driver program onto the disc

As for the O/S, I would completely wipe out the Vista OS to install the XP Pro SP3. My graphics printers and Corel system requirements are for XP specifically. AS for recovery, I have the factory recovery discs that came with this computer so I don't think I would need to burn a back up would I?

Intel Pentium Dualcore E5200 2.5

Ram 4GB DDR2

500GB SATA II Drive

Intel GMA3100 Graphics

Thanks,

Chris

Options

1991 Posts

05-17-2008

USA

4725 Signins

59404 Page Views

• Views: 59404
  • Message 4 of 5

2011-12-20, 2:52 AM

you should be able to run those with vista, using program compatibility its in control panel programs

pc.PNG

Did a member help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!

If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Regards,
GMAC
Options

4202 Posts

01-22-2010

US

38534 Signins

577576 Page Views

• Views: 577576
  • Message 5 of 5

2011-12-20, 3:04 AM

You should try what GMAC says to do first.

If you still want to do it, you don't have to boot from the flash drive.  You just have to copy the driver over onto it.  When Windows asks for the driver during the install, it should find and install it as long as your flash is recognized in the bios before you load Windows.

If you're sure you want to do it, let me know and we'll find you a driver.

Dave 

Edit:  And no, you don't have to burn restore discs if you already have a set of restore discs.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so. Using Browser Search To Find Answers in the Lenovo and Moto Communities
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete