cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fritzf
What's DOS?
Views: 1,574
Message 1 of 2

How to create recovery disks for 3000 H210 ?

I am just setting up a new 3000 H210 desktop, and wanted to create a set of recovery CDs/DVDs so I can at least get back to the factory install image if I need to replace the hard drive after the warranty ends.  After digging around for a while and not finding a way to create the recovery disks, I tried calling Lenovo support.  They said that this model does not have a way to create the recovery disks!  Is this true? 

Hopefully the person I spoke to was mistaken.  If anyone knows how to create recovery disks for this model, please let me know. If not, any other suggestions for creating a bootable image to get back to my current PC state (still close to factory settings) if needed later?

fritzf
What's DOS?
Views: 1,572
Message 2 of 2

Re: How to create recovery disks for 3000 H210 ?

Nevermind, I found the answer to my question.  Buried inside the Windows Vista Quick Start Guide that came with the computer was a "Lenovo Product Recovery DVD".  So I guess that explains why there is no option to create your own - they already give it to you.  So credit to Lenovo for including the recovery DVD (like in the old days).  Now they just need to make sure their tech support folks know where to point people to find it.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors