cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CCWTECH
Token Ring
Views: 1,621
Message 81 of 85

Re: IdeaCentre 700 - 10 Pin Atx Connector?

Any updates on this?

I'm also looking for a PSU tester that works with these PSU's.

Sparkyr234
What's DOS?
Views: 1,237
Message 82 of 85

I have question if someone could answer please.  I am trying to do this on my son's computer and he bought the corsair tx850m power supply.  He also bought the tax adapter.  What I can figure out is the 4 prong plug from the old supply which a schematics say it's 12v.  The new power supply has a 8 prong plug plus the tax and all the perifial plugs.  Can I plug half of the 8 pin plug into the 4 prong plug?

Any help would be great thanks.

crrbrad
What's DOS?
Views: 597
Message 83 of 85

Re: IdeaCentre 700: 10-Pin power supply PSU connector / adapter?

cut the molex from the old lenovo supply up close to the the supply itself.  Cut off the molex to the new power supply closer to the molex itself.  Take one yellow wire from one of the power leads on the new PS and use it as the third yellow on the lenovo molex connector.  You can always order another power splitter if needed they're cheap from amazon.  But you will still be able to draw power from the motherboard itself as well to power hard drives.  Splice and solder (or electrical tape, not the best but it will suffice) the wires together from the old lenovo molex wires and the new PS wires, four blacks, green, blue and three yellows to each other and bam, you have a working upgraded power supply using the old lenovo molex connector. My plex server is very happy with my five hard drives now and enough power to them.  Smiley Happy

PS I did not need the paper clip jumper as others have mentioned but you may depending on the type of power supply you are using.  best wishes 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 584
Message 84 of 85

@Sparkyr234 wrote:

.. he bought the Corsair TX850M power supply.  He also bought the tax adapter.  What I can figure out is the 4 prong plug from the old supply which a schematics say it's 12v.  The new power supply has a 8 prong plug plus the tax and all the perifial plugs.  Can I plug half of the 8 pin plug into the 4 prong plug?

Old post, but important to clarify.  The 8-pin 12v power connector is for certain hi-power processors, and is actually two 4-pin connector interlocked together.  You should be able to split these apart into two 4-pin connectors (and re-interlock if need be), use one and cable tie the other back onto it's cable.   I would expected this is detailed in the instructions that came with the power supply, or on the Corsair website. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Wraith
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 127
Message 85 of 85

Re: IdeaCentre 700: 10-Pin power supply PSU connector / adapter?

ANyone here ever get the pinout for the 10 pin power supply or rathe the motherboard?  

I need it.  Cannot find it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors